Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Mido: Politics cost Abou-Treika dear
In an interview with MBC, Mido enthused, “Mentioning Abou-Treika’s name was more than enough to please both Al Ahly and Zamalek fans, because he would always deliver happiness to the [Ahly and Egypt] fans.”
He added, “But he lost a lot when he decided to enter the political sector, and he hasn’t apologized yet for being affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood.”
“I don’t hate Abou-Treika because he is an Ahly fan; I have many close friends who are Ahly fans and we have a strong relationship such as Hossam Ghaly, Wael Gomaa and Ahmed Fathy,” he concluded.