Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Mido: Politics cost Abou-Treika dear
In an interview with MBC, Mido enthused, “Mentioning Abou-Treika’s name was more than enough to please both Al Ahly and Zamalek fans, because he would always deliver happiness to the [Ahly and Egypt] fans.”
He added, “But he lost a lot when he decided to enter the political sector, and he hasn’t apologized yet for being affiliated with the Muslim Brotherhood.”
“I don’t hate Abou-Treika because he is an Ahly fan; I have many close friends who are Ahly fans and we have a strong relationship such as Hossam Ghaly, Wael Gomaa and Ahmed Fathy,” he concluded.