Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Mido: Early retirement? I suffered like Owen and Torres
Current Ismaily coach Mido claims that playing at high levels at a young age exhausted his energy, and was the reason for his early retirement.
Speaking to TV channel MBC, Mido has insisted that his early retirement was brought on by physical problems, and that the same problems were suffered by Owen and Torres, seeing as they started their top-level careers aged only 17.
“I’ve played at very high levels in the Champions League and Eredivisie since I was just 17,” Mido said.
“It was natural to have my energy exhausted at the age of 30. Michael Owen and Fernando Torres suffered from the same problem too,” he added.
Mido admitted that he had neglected too many things during his professional career and hadn’t taken the advice of older players about the importance of maintaining his body while he was young.
Mido concluded ” My retirement decision was never a moment of breaking down but it was a moment of insistence to succeed in other fields, such as match analysis and coaching.”