Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Mido: Early retirement? I suffered like Owen and Torres
Current Ismaily coach Mido claims that playing at high levels at a young age exhausted his energy, and was the reason for his early retirement.
Speaking to TV channel MBC, Mido has insisted that his early retirement was brought on by physical problems, and that the same problems were suffered by Owen and Torres, seeing as they started their top-level careers aged only 17.
“I’ve played at very high levels in the Champions League and Eredivisie since I was just 17,” Mido said.
“It was natural to have my energy exhausted at the age of 30. Michael Owen and Fernando Torres suffered from the same problem too,” he added.
Mido admitted that he had neglected too many things during his professional career and hadn’t taken the advice of older players about the importance of maintaining his body while he was young.
Mido concluded ” My retirement decision was never a moment of breaking down but it was a moment of insistence to succeed in other fields, such as match analysis and coaching.”