Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Mido: Ferriera a better man for Zamalek than me
Ismaily coach, Ahmed “Mido” Hossam thinks current Zamalek coach, Jesualdo Ferreira, is currently a better option for the whites than himself.
Mido was previously a candidate for the position at Zamalek before the Portuguese manager renewed his contract for another year.
“At the current time, Ferreira is a better man for the job,” Mido told Al Mataha TV. “He knows the players very well, and he was the one that won the league and cup with them. He knows the club inside out.”
Mido added that he backed Ferreira for the position even when he was a candidate to replace him.
“I was the first one to say that Ferreira should stay at the club even when there were talks of me being his successor,” he concluded.