Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
24 players in Egypt squad for Chad encounter
The Argentine manager announced a 24-man Egypt squad to kick-off their 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign at Chad.
Cúper previously announced calling five players from abroad for the Chad match, but had to do an emergency replacement by calling up Zamalek’s Mostafa Fathi to replace the injured Mohamed Salah.
The list has also seen one single omission which was for Petrojet goalkeeper Mohamed El-Shennawy.
Al Ahly’s Ramadan Sobhy and Hossam Ashour were left out of the squad for disciplinary and technical reasons respectively, as explained by Cúper during his press conference on Wednesday.
The full squad for the Chad match:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahdi Soliman, Sherif Ekramy
Defenders: Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Ahmed Hegazy, Ahmed Dwiedar, Omar Gaber, Sabry Raheel, Ayman Ashraf.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Tarek Hamed, Mohamed El-Nenny, Ibrahim Salah, Abdallah El-Said, Ahmed Tawfik, Momen Zakaria, Mahmoud Kahraba, Mostafa Fathi, Amr Warda.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Amr Gamal, Ahmed Hassan Koka, Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Egypt are set to play the first leg match in N’Djamena on November 14 before playing the return leg on November 17 in Alexandria.