Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
24 players in Egypt squad for Chad encounter
The Argentine manager announced a 24-man Egypt squad to kick-off their 2018 World Cup qualifying campaign at Chad.
Cúper previously announced calling five players from abroad for the Chad match, but had to do an emergency replacement by calling up Zamalek’s Mostafa Fathi to replace the injured Mohamed Salah.
The list has also seen one single omission which was for Petrojet goalkeeper Mohamed El-Shennawy.
Al Ahly’s Ramadan Sobhy and Hossam Ashour were left out of the squad for disciplinary and technical reasons respectively, as explained by Cúper during his press conference on Wednesday.
The full squad for the Chad match:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy, Mahdi Soliman, Sherif Ekramy
Defenders: Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Ahmed Hegazy, Ahmed Dwiedar, Omar Gaber, Sabry Raheel, Ayman Ashraf.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Tarek Hamed, Mohamed El-Nenny, Ibrahim Salah, Abdallah El-Said, Ahmed Tawfik, Momen Zakaria, Mahmoud Kahraba, Mostafa Fathi, Amr Warda.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Amr Gamal, Ahmed Hassan Koka, Ahmed Hassan Mekki.
Egypt are set to play the first leg match in N’Djamena on November 14 before playing the return leg on November 17 in Alexandria.