Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ said in recent comments that during his professional career...
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
Mido: Like van Gaal, title not expected in building phase
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ is ‘totally satisfied’ with his players performances so far this season, but does not expect to compete for a title during the building phase.
Ismaily are currently enjoying a bright start to the 2015/16 campaign, having won three matches, drawn one and lost one, while also bagging four clean sheets in the process.
Despite this, the former Ajax and Tottenham striker is not getting carried away, and refuses to promise the Dervishes fans a title this season.
“There is no team in the world that is in the building phase and would expect a title in the first season. Louis Van Gaal, Manchester United’s manager, said the same thing,” said Mido during his press conference after crushing Ittihad 5-0 on Thursday night.
“My aim is the top 4 even if we only won 10 matches this season,” he added.
“We are taking it step by step, I am totally satisfied by my players performances and I congratulated them for the display.”