Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Mido: Like van Gaal, title not expected in building phase
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ is ‘totally satisfied’ with his players performances so far this season, but does not expect to compete for a title during the building phase.
Ismaily are currently enjoying a bright start to the 2015/16 campaign, having won three matches, drawn one and lost one, while also bagging four clean sheets in the process.
Despite this, the former Ajax and Tottenham striker is not getting carried away, and refuses to promise the Dervishes fans a title this season.
“There is no team in the world that is in the building phase and would expect a title in the first season. Louis Van Gaal, Manchester United’s manager, said the same thing,” said Mido during his press conference after crushing Ittihad 5-0 on Thursday night.
“My aim is the top 4 even if we only won 10 matches this season,” he added.
“We are taking it step by step, I am totally satisfied by my players performances and I congratulated them for the display.”