AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Mido: Like van Gaal, title not expected in building phase
Ismaily manager Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ is ‘totally satisfied’ with his players performances so far this season, but does not expect to compete for a title during the building phase.
Ismaily are currently enjoying a bright start to the 2015/16 campaign, having won three matches, drawn one and lost one, while also bagging four clean sheets in the process.
Despite this, the former Ajax and Tottenham striker is not getting carried away, and refuses to promise the Dervishes fans a title this season.
“There is no team in the world that is in the building phase and would expect a title in the first season. Louis Van Gaal, Manchester United’s manager, said the same thing,” said Mido during his press conference after crushing Ittihad 5-0 on Thursday night.
“My aim is the top 4 even if we only won 10 matches this season,” he added.
“We are taking it step by step, I am totally satisfied by my players performances and I congratulated them for the display.”