Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Hassan Shehata resigns as Contractors manager
Hassan Shehata has left his post as Arab Contractors manager on Friday after a poor start to the season.
Shehata’s resignation came after his team’s disappointing start to the Egyptian Premier League campaign; they failed to win any of their five matches, suffering from three losses and two draws.
Contractors’ latest loss was against Tala’a El-Gaish on Thursday. The team’s third loss prompted the veteran manager to submit his resignation, which was accepted by the Arab Contractors board.
Shehata took the helm of the team last season and impressed with some decent performances, finishing 7th in the Egyptian Premier League. This season, however, his team currently sit 16th in the league table with two points.
The three-time AFCON winner achieved a surprise while managing Contractors in 2003-04 by winning the Egypt Cup.
Following his impressive period with the Egyptian national team, Shehata had brief stints in Al Arabi SC (Qatar), Difaâ El Jadidi (Morocco) and Zamalek before managing Arab Contractors SC.