Al Ahly coach Hossam El Badry rejected all rumors and reports saying...
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
Hassan Shehata resigns as Contractors manager
Hassan Shehata has left his post as Arab Contractors manager on Friday after a poor start to the season.
Shehata’s resignation came after his team’s disappointing start to the Egyptian Premier League campaign; they failed to win any of their five matches, suffering from three losses and two draws.
Contractors’ latest loss was against Tala’a El-Gaish on Thursday. The team’s third loss prompted the veteran manager to submit his resignation, which was accepted by the Arab Contractors board.
Shehata took the helm of the team last season and impressed with some decent performances, finishing 7th in the Egyptian Premier League. This season, however, his team currently sit 16th in the league table with two points.
The three-time AFCON winner achieved a surprise while managing Contractors in 2003-04 by winning the Egypt Cup.
Following his impressive period with the Egyptian national team, Shehata had brief stints in Al Arabi SC (Qatar), Difaâ El Jadidi (Morocco) and Zamalek before managing Arab Contractors SC.