Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, thinks that he still has a tough match...
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
Hassan Shehata resigns as Contractors manager
Hassan Shehata has left his post as Arab Contractors manager on Friday after a poor start to the season.
Shehata’s resignation came after his team’s disappointing start to the Egyptian Premier League campaign; they failed to win any of their five matches, suffering from three losses and two draws.
Contractors’ latest loss was against Tala’a El-Gaish on Thursday. The team’s third loss prompted the veteran manager to submit his resignation, which was accepted by the Arab Contractors board.
Shehata took the helm of the team last season and impressed with some decent performances, finishing 7th in the Egyptian Premier League. This season, however, his team currently sit 16th in the league table with two points.
The three-time AFCON winner achieved a surprise while managing Contractors in 2003-04 by winning the Egypt Cup.
Following his impressive period with the Egyptian national team, Shehata had brief stints in Al Arabi SC (Qatar), Difaâ El Jadidi (Morocco) and Zamalek before managing Arab Contractors SC.