Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Hassan Shehata resigns as Contractors manager
Hassan Shehata has left his post as Arab Contractors manager on Friday after a poor start to the season.
Shehata’s resignation came after his team’s disappointing start to the Egyptian Premier League campaign; they failed to win any of their five matches, suffering from three losses and two draws.
Contractors’ latest loss was against Tala’a El-Gaish on Thursday. The team’s third loss prompted the veteran manager to submit his resignation, which was accepted by the Arab Contractors board.
Shehata took the helm of the team last season and impressed with some decent performances, finishing 7th in the Egyptian Premier League. This season, however, his team currently sit 16th in the league table with two points.
The three-time AFCON winner achieved a surprise while managing Contractors in 2003-04 by winning the Egypt Cup.
Following his impressive period with the Egyptian national team, Shehata had brief stints in Al Arabi SC (Qatar), Difaâ El Jadidi (Morocco) and Zamalek before managing Arab Contractors SC.