Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Libya edge Rwanda in World Cup qualifier
Libyan national team were able to grab a 1-0 win against Rwanda on Friday in the first leg of the second round of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.
The Libyan team controlled most of the match, however, their players lacked the final touch in front of goal. The only goal of the match came from Faisal Al Badri, who scored a penalty kick in the 48th minute of the game.
The away leg will be played on Tuesday in the Rwandan capital Kigali. Rwanda now need a 2-0 win against Libya to qualify to the final stage of the qualifiers.