Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Libya edge Rwanda in World Cup qualifier
Libyan national team were able to grab a 1-0 win against Rwanda on Friday in the first leg of the second round of the 2018 World Cup qualifiers.
The Libyan team controlled most of the match, however, their players lacked the final touch in front of goal. The only goal of the match came from Faisal Al Badri, who scored a penalty kick in the 48th minute of the game.
The away leg will be played on Tuesday in the Rwandan capital Kigali. Rwanda now need a 2-0 win against Libya to qualify to the final stage of the qualifiers.