Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Marwan Mohsen: I dream of Egypt national team return
In a recent interview on FilGoal, Mohsen expressed his eagerness to make it back to the Egypt national team.
“I don’t think about being the league’s top scorer as much as I’m looking for victories with my team so that I can keep my place in the squad and get recalled to the national team.”
The Ismaily striker has scored three goals and assisted four in his first five matches with the club, but on his time in Portugal, he added: “My time at Gil Vicente wasn’t the best for reasons related to some managerial issue there, and the weakness of the club’s level as well.”
“That’s why I made my decision to come back to Egypt, to retain my level and place in the national team.”
He concluded his interview saying: “The spirit I see now at Ismaily will put us in a good place to compete for various tournaments. This team has a special harmony between experienced players and talented youngsters who can make the Yellow Dragons’ dreams come true.”
It’s worth noting that Ismaily now sit second in the league with 10 points, and will be facing Ghazl El-Mahalla next, on December 16th.