Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
Marwan Mohsen: I dream of Egypt national team return
In a recent interview on FilGoal, Mohsen expressed his eagerness to make it back to the Egypt national team.
“I don’t think about being the league’s top scorer as much as I’m looking for victories with my team so that I can keep my place in the squad and get recalled to the national team.”
The Ismaily striker has scored three goals and assisted four in his first five matches with the club, but on his time in Portugal, he added: “My time at Gil Vicente wasn’t the best for reasons related to some managerial issue there, and the weakness of the club’s level as well.”
“That’s why I made my decision to come back to Egypt, to retain my level and place in the national team.”
He concluded his interview saying: “The spirit I see now at Ismaily will put us in a good place to compete for various tournaments. This team has a special harmony between experienced players and talented youngsters who can make the Yellow Dragons’ dreams come true.”
It’s worth noting that Ismaily now sit second in the league with 10 points, and will be facing Ghazl El-Mahalla next, on December 16th.