Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Marwan Mohsen: I dream of Egypt national team return
In a recent interview on FilGoal, Mohsen expressed his eagerness to make it back to the Egypt national team.
“I don’t think about being the league’s top scorer as much as I’m looking for victories with my team so that I can keep my place in the squad and get recalled to the national team.”
The Ismaily striker has scored three goals and assisted four in his first five matches with the club, but on his time in Portugal, he added: “My time at Gil Vicente wasn’t the best for reasons related to some managerial issue there, and the weakness of the club’s level as well.”
“That’s why I made my decision to come back to Egypt, to retain my level and place in the national team.”
He concluded his interview saying: “The spirit I see now at Ismaily will put us in a good place to compete for various tournaments. This team has a special harmony between experienced players and talented youngsters who can make the Yellow Dragons’ dreams come true.”
It’s worth noting that Ismaily now sit second in the league with 10 points, and will be facing Ghazl El-Mahalla next, on December 16th.