Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
VIDEO: Tunisia beat Mauritania in game of two halves
The visitors created the first chance of the game but it was the home team, Mauritania, which was stronger in the first half. After a few missed chances, Mauritania took the lead on 22 minutes when Omar Ndiaye headed past Mathlouthi from the far post. They continued to pile pressure on Tunisia but didn’t add onto their lead.
Tunisia reinvigorated their team at the start of the second half by bringing on Moncer for Meriah. The midfielder assisted Wahbi Khazri’s equalizer, for a much improved Tunisia side, a minute after the hour mark. The Carthage Eagles then scored their second when Chikhaoui finished from close range just seven minutes later.
Rades will host the second leg on November 17, 2015 with Tunisia firm favourites to advance to the group stages after their away win.