Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
VIDEO: Tunisia beat Mauritania in game of two halves
The visitors created the first chance of the game but it was the home team, Mauritania, which was stronger in the first half. After a few missed chances, Mauritania took the lead on 22 minutes when Omar Ndiaye headed past Mathlouthi from the far post. They continued to pile pressure on Tunisia but didn’t add onto their lead.
Tunisia reinvigorated their team at the start of the second half by bringing on Moncer for Meriah. The midfielder assisted Wahbi Khazri’s equalizer, for a much improved Tunisia side, a minute after the hour mark. The Carthage Eagles then scored their second when Chikhaoui finished from close range just seven minutes later.
Rades will host the second leg on November 17, 2015 with Tunisia firm favourites to advance to the group stages after their away win.