Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
VIDEO: Tunisia beat Mauritania in game of two halves
The visitors created the first chance of the game but it was the home team, Mauritania, which was stronger in the first half. After a few missed chances, Mauritania took the lead on 22 minutes when Omar Ndiaye headed past Mathlouthi from the far post. They continued to pile pressure on Tunisia but didn’t add onto their lead.
Tunisia reinvigorated their team at the start of the second half by bringing on Moncer for Meriah. The midfielder assisted Wahbi Khazri’s equalizer, for a much improved Tunisia side, a minute after the hour mark. The Carthage Eagles then scored their second when Chikhaoui finished from close range just seven minutes later.
Rades will host the second leg on November 17, 2015 with Tunisia firm favourites to advance to the group stages after their away win.