Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
VIDEO: Tunisia beat Mauritania in game of two halves
The visitors created the first chance of the game but it was the home team, Mauritania, which was stronger in the first half. After a few missed chances, Mauritania took the lead on 22 minutes when Omar Ndiaye headed past Mathlouthi from the far post. They continued to pile pressure on Tunisia but didn’t add onto their lead.
Tunisia reinvigorated their team at the start of the second half by bringing on Moncer for Meriah. The midfielder assisted Wahbi Khazri’s equalizer, for a much improved Tunisia side, a minute after the hour mark. The Carthage Eagles then scored their second when Chikhaoui finished from close range just seven minutes later.
Rades will host the second leg on November 17, 2015 with Tunisia firm favourites to advance to the group stages after their away win.