Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
VIDEO:10-man Morocco ease past Equatorial Guinea at home
The match is the first of two in a second-round tie, with the winner advancing to the final qualifying group stage next year. Youssef El-Arabi opened the scoring for the Atlas Lions in the 30th minute; after superbly translating Barrada’s loose ball into the back of the net.
However, in the 46th minute Karrouchy received a straight red card forcing Morocco to play a full half with 10-men. Just 20 minutes later, Bammou managed to double Morocco’s lead after sending Youssef Al-Arabi’s accurate ground cross past Guinea’s keeper.
Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the full time whistle, as the Moroccans maintained possession and pressure preventing Equatorial Guinea from creating any dangerous chances on goal.
Morocco is set to face Equatorial Guinea in Bata, in the return leg on the 15th of November. The Atlas lions will try to hold on to their 2-0 lead in order to qualify to the Final qualifying group stage.