The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
VIDEO:10-man Morocco ease past Equatorial Guinea at home
Morocco defeated Equatorial Guinea 2-0 at the Stade Adrar in Agadir, in the first leg of their 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier.
The match is the first of two in a second-round tie, with the winner advancing to the final qualifying group stage next year. Youssef El-Arabi opened the scoring for the Atlas Lions in the 30th minute; after superbly translating Barrada’s loose ball into the back of the net.
However, in the 46th minute Karrouchy received a straight red card forcing Morocco to play a full half with 10-men. Just 20 minutes later, Bammou managed to double Morocco’s lead after sending Youssef Al-Arabi’s accurate ground cross past Guinea’s keeper.
Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the full time whistle, as the Moroccans maintained possession and pressure preventing Equatorial Guinea from creating any dangerous chances on goal.
Morocco is set to face Equatorial Guinea in Bata, in the return leg on the 15th of November. The Atlas lions will try to hold on to their 2-0 lead in order to qualify to the Final qualifying group stage.