Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
VIDEO:10-man Morocco ease past Equatorial Guinea at home
The match is the first of two in a second-round tie, with the winner advancing to the final qualifying group stage next year. Youssef El-Arabi opened the scoring for the Atlas Lions in the 30th minute; after superbly translating Barrada’s loose ball into the back of the net.
However, in the 46th minute Karrouchy received a straight red card forcing Morocco to play a full half with 10-men. Just 20 minutes later, Bammou managed to double Morocco’s lead after sending Youssef Al-Arabi’s accurate ground cross past Guinea’s keeper.
Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the full time whistle, as the Moroccans maintained possession and pressure preventing Equatorial Guinea from creating any dangerous chances on goal.
Morocco is set to face Equatorial Guinea in Bata, in the return leg on the 15th of November. The Atlas lions will try to hold on to their 2-0 lead in order to qualify to the Final qualifying group stage.