Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
VIDEO:10-man Morocco ease past Equatorial Guinea at home
Morocco defeated Equatorial Guinea 2-0 at the Stade Adrar in Agadir, in the first leg of their 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier.
The match is the first of two in a second-round tie, with the winner advancing to the final qualifying group stage next year. Youssef El-Arabi opened the scoring for the Atlas Lions in the 30th minute; after superbly translating Barrada’s loose ball into the back of the net.
However, in the 46th minute Karrouchy received a straight red card forcing Morocco to play a full half with 10-men. Just 20 minutes later, Bammou managed to double Morocco’s lead after sending Youssef Al-Arabi’s accurate ground cross past Guinea’s keeper.
Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the full time whistle, as the Moroccans maintained possession and pressure preventing Equatorial Guinea from creating any dangerous chances on goal.
Morocco is set to face Equatorial Guinea in Bata, in the return leg on the 15th of November. The Atlas lions will try to hold on to their 2-0 lead in order to qualify to the Final qualifying group stage.