Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
VIDEO:10-man Morocco ease past Equatorial Guinea at home
Morocco defeated Equatorial Guinea 2-0 at the Stade Adrar in Agadir, in the first leg of their 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifier.
The match is the first of two in a second-round tie, with the winner advancing to the final qualifying group stage next year. Youssef El-Arabi opened the scoring for the Atlas Lions in the 30th minute; after superbly translating Barrada’s loose ball into the back of the net.
However, in the 46th minute Karrouchy received a straight red card forcing Morocco to play a full half with 10-men. Just 20 minutes later, Bammou managed to double Morocco’s lead after sending Youssef Al-Arabi’s accurate ground cross past Guinea’s keeper.
Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the full time whistle, as the Moroccans maintained possession and pressure preventing Equatorial Guinea from creating any dangerous chances on goal.
Morocco is set to face Equatorial Guinea in Bata, in the return leg on the 15th of November. The Atlas lions will try to hold on to their 2-0 lead in order to qualify to the Final qualifying group stage.