Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Bassem Morsi suffers injury in Chad loss
Nabih also reported that defender Ahmed Dweidar suffered an injury in the second half.
“Morsi suffered an ankle bruise, and he will undergo a medical examination in the coming hours. Ahmed Dweidar suffered a hamstring injury and he will undergo an examination soon as well,” Nabih said after the disappointing loss.
The team doctor also commented on Morsi’s injury, “Morsi’s injury is significant, and the player went to the hospital for medical examinations. I cannot rule him in or out for the second leg.
Nabih, the Egyptian assistant manager, entertained the idea of calling up additional players before the return leg on Tuesday: “We are going to include new players before the return leg in only one case – injuries.”
This defeat was Egypt’s first-ever loss to Chad in history, and Cúper’s first as Egypt manager. The Pharaohs will need to overturn the 1-0 scoreline in order to progress to the third round of African World Cup qualifying.
The two sides will meet again in the second leg next Tuesday, November 17th at the Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria, where over 20,000 fans are expected to be in attendance.