An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
BBC African Player of the Year shortlist announced
BBC Sport has named its five-man shortlist for the 2015 African Footballer of the Year award.
The five players on the shortlist were nominated due to their consistently impressive performances throughout 2015 for club and country.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang features due to his fantastic recent performances. The Gabonese striker has scored in 10 straight matches for Dortmund in the league in 2015/16, and also helped his side to reach the German cup final last season.
Andre Ayew, a previous winner in 2011, also makes the list. The Ghanaian has made an instant impact in the Premier league after joining Swansea last summer.
Yacine Brahimi, the reigning African Footballer of the Year, has been excellent for Porto and Algeria in the current calendar year and could become only the second player to win the award two consecutive times.
Senegalese winger Sadio Mané impressed for Southampton last season bagging 12 goals and 6 assists and was on Manchester United’s radar in the previous transfer window, to little surprise.
Seven-time winner Yaya Touré enjoyed a successful 2015, winning the African Cup of Nations with Côte d’Ivoire and finishing in second place with Manchester City in the 2014/15 English Premier League. Also, the Citizens currently lead the league this season.
The winner will be announced on Friday, December 11.