Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
BBC African Player of the Year shortlist announced
BBC Sport has named its five-man shortlist for the 2015 African Footballer of the Year award.
The five players on the shortlist were nominated due to their consistently impressive performances throughout 2015 for club and country.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang features due to his fantastic recent performances. The Gabonese striker has scored in 10 straight matches for Dortmund in the league in 2015/16, and also helped his side to reach the German cup final last season.
Andre Ayew, a previous winner in 2011, also makes the list. The Ghanaian has made an instant impact in the Premier league after joining Swansea last summer.
Yacine Brahimi, the reigning African Footballer of the Year, has been excellent for Porto and Algeria in the current calendar year and could become only the second player to win the award two consecutive times.
Senegalese winger Sadio Mané impressed for Southampton last season bagging 12 goals and 6 assists and was on Manchester United’s radar in the previous transfer window, to little surprise.
Seven-time winner Yaya Touré enjoyed a successful 2015, winning the African Cup of Nations with Côte d’Ivoire and finishing in second place with Manchester City in the 2014/15 English Premier League. Also, the Citizens currently lead the league this season.
The winner will be announced on Friday, December 11.