Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Chad Coach: We stopped Egypt’s wing threat
Mohamed Omar in the post-match interview with BeIN Sports said, “The main reason behind our victory was that we managed to stop Egypt’s most potent weapon down the flanks,” referring to Mahmoud Kahraba and Moemen Zakareya.
“Egypt boast players with tremendous speed on the wings, but we were able to thwart them.”
Omar said his selection was different from the one that lost 5-1 to Egypt and accepted the nature of the results as being surprising. “We changed 50% of the team from the side that lost 5-1, and dealt with the match as a totally different game. No one expected us to defeat Sierra Leone in the previous round, and today something similar has happened.”
The 1-0 win was Chad’s first ever win over Egypt.