Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Chad Coach: We stopped Egypt’s wing threat
Mohamed Omar in the post-match interview with BeIN Sports said, “The main reason behind our victory was that we managed to stop Egypt’s most potent weapon down the flanks,” referring to Mahmoud Kahraba and Moemen Zakareya.
“Egypt boast players with tremendous speed on the wings, but we were able to thwart them.”
Omar said his selection was different from the one that lost 5-1 to Egypt and accepted the nature of the results as being surprising. “We changed 50% of the team from the side that lost 5-1, and dealt with the match as a totally different game. No one expected us to defeat Sierra Leone in the previous round, and today something similar has happened.”
The 1-0 win was Chad’s first ever win over Egypt.