Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Chad Coach: We stopped Egypt’s wing threat
Mohamed Omar in the post-match interview with BeIN Sports said, “The main reason behind our victory was that we managed to stop Egypt’s most potent weapon down the flanks,” referring to Mahmoud Kahraba and Moemen Zakareya.
“Egypt boast players with tremendous speed on the wings, but we were able to thwart them.”
Omar said his selection was different from the one that lost 5-1 to Egypt and accepted the nature of the results as being surprising. “We changed 50% of the team from the side that lost 5-1, and dealt with the match as a totally different game. No one expected us to defeat Sierra Leone in the previous round, and today something similar has happened.”
The 1-0 win was Chad’s first ever win over Egypt.