Senegalese referee Malang Diédhiou has been appointed for the Group D second...
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
Kahraba: Salah gave me the responsibility of Egypt NT
Kahraba admitted that the two-legged qualifiers against Chad will be difficult, and will require huge physical and mental strength form the players.
“This match is not only difficult because of the opponent, but also because it’s a World Cup qualifier, which brings a lot of pressure. Especially since it is every Egyptian’s dream to reach the World Cup finals,” explained Kahraba.
“It is great to have managers like Ferreira and Cuper, who both love their players and enjoy spending time with them. We all enjoy joking with each other, regardless of our role in the team, and this is something great to have as a team,” he added.
The 21-year-old added that compatriot and Roma forward Mohamed Salah has asked him to take the responsibility of the national team during the games.
Kahraba said, “First, I inquired about his health and his injury and wished him a speedy recovery, and he then wished me luck for the games and asked me to do my best in the games.”
Finally, Kahraba said that his relationship with Mohamed Salah is strong ever since playing together with the national team.
It is worth noting that Egypt will face Chad away on Saturday, November 14, and will then host Chad the following Wednesday, November 18.