Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
Mido: Shikabala is committed
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has expressed his surprise at Shikabala’s commitment, and has highlighted how he changed the attacker’s role at Ismaily.
Ismaily manager Mido is claiming credit for Shikabala’s improved performances at Ismaily, citing a position change as the reason for his strong recent form.
In statements made to TEN TV channel, Mido says that Shikabala is performing well in training because he wants to rediscover his previous exploits that propelled him into the spotlight over the past decade.
“I started giving Shikabala the space to move freely; he is playing as a playmaker instead of doing so as a winger,” Mido enthused.
“I tested out some formations before the beginning of the league campaign in a bid to find the best formation to be used mainly throughout the season,” he reflected.
Ismaily currently sit in second place in the league standings with 10 points from five matches, ahead of Zamalek on goal difference with the Whites having a match in hand.