Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Mido: Shikabala is committed
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has expressed his surprise at Shikabala’s commitment, and has highlighted how he changed the attacker’s role at Ismaily.
Ismaily manager Mido is claiming credit for Shikabala’s improved performances at Ismaily, citing a position change as the reason for his strong recent form.
In statements made to TEN TV channel, Mido says that Shikabala is performing well in training because he wants to rediscover his previous exploits that propelled him into the spotlight over the past decade.
“I started giving Shikabala the space to move freely; he is playing as a playmaker instead of doing so as a winger,” Mido enthused.
“I tested out some formations before the beginning of the league campaign in a bid to find the best formation to be used mainly throughout the season,” he reflected.
Ismaily currently sit in second place in the league standings with 10 points from five matches, ahead of Zamalek on goal difference with the Whites having a match in hand.