Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Osama Nabih confident Egypt can overcome Chad at home
Egypt was beaten by Chad, courtesy of a solitary goal from Ndouassel in the first leg of the second round 2018 World Cup qualifiers. The Pharaohs’ assistant coach is confident, though; his side can overcome the team they walloped in an African Cup of Nations qualifier two months ago.
“The tie is 180 minutes, we got still 90 minutes left. The situation will be different in Borg El-Arab, we have the determination, resolve and ambition and we can compensate at home.”
Egypt missed key players like Mohamed Salah and also struggled on the artificial turf in Ndjamena, according to Nabih: “They were better than us at certain times, plus the nature of the pitch didn’t quite help us.”
Speaking to BeIN Sports, Osama Nabih also mentioned the result as being part of a string of shock results witnessed over the weekend in the World Cup qualifiers. “There are surprises in football, Nigerian and Ghana they drew too, Egypt’s result is within the surprises.”
Even with the limited time before the second leg, the assistant says the can rectify the errors that led to their defeat. “There is no time for our physical preparation but we will focus on the psychological and technical side and correct the mistakes.”
The Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria hosts the second leg on Tuesday.