Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
VIDEO: Slimani brace spares Algeria’s blushes in Tanzania
Elias Maguli and Orlando Pirates star man Mbwana Samatta propelled the Taifa Stars into a shock 2-0 lead with goals either side of the break.
Seconds before the half-time whistle, Maguli got into a good position to nod home the opener from an excellent cross in from the left.
The hosts were not done; 10 minutes into the second half, Samatta strode past Mandi and placed a low finish into the bottom left corner, beyond a helpless Rais M’Bolhi.
Slimani leapt to his side’s defence in the 71st minute, however, and emphatically fired home Mesloub’s lobbed pass after beating the offiside trap.
The Sporting CP striker then levelled the scores with 15 minutes remaining, when he skipped past the keeper after being released and prodded the ball past the line from a slightly awkward angle.
Algeria now arguably boast the advantage in the tie ahead of the second leg, which will be played in Blida on Tuesday.