Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan spoke about his side’s encounter with Nigeria’s Ifeanyi...
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
VIDEO: Slimani brace spares Algeria’s blushes in Tanzania
Elias Maguli and Orlando Pirates star man Mbwana Samatta propelled the Taifa Stars into a shock 2-0 lead with goals either side of the break.
Seconds before the half-time whistle, Maguli got into a good position to nod home the opener from an excellent cross in from the left.
The hosts were not done; 10 minutes into the second half, Samatta strode past Mandi and placed a low finish into the bottom left corner, beyond a helpless Rais M’Bolhi.
Slimani leapt to his side’s defence in the 71st minute, however, and emphatically fired home Mesloub’s lobbed pass after beating the offiside trap.
The Sporting CP striker then levelled the scores with 15 minutes remaining, when he skipped past the keeper after being released and prodded the ball past the line from a slightly awkward angle.
Algeria now arguably boast the advantage in the tie ahead of the second leg, which will be played in Blida on Tuesday.