Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
VIDEO: Slimani brace spares Algeria’s blushes in Tanzania
Elias Maguli and Orlando Pirates star man Mbwana Samatta propelled the Taifa Stars into a shock 2-0 lead with goals either side of the break.
Seconds before the half-time whistle, Maguli got into a good position to nod home the opener from an excellent cross in from the left.
The hosts were not done; 10 minutes into the second half, Samatta strode past Mandi and placed a low finish into the bottom left corner, beyond a helpless Rais M’Bolhi.
Slimani leapt to his side’s defence in the 71st minute, however, and emphatically fired home Mesloub’s lobbed pass after beating the offiside trap.
The Sporting CP striker then levelled the scores with 15 minutes remaining, when he skipped past the keeper after being released and prodded the ball past the line from a slightly awkward angle.
Algeria now arguably boast the advantage in the tie ahead of the second leg, which will be played in Blida on Tuesday.