Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
VIDEO: Slimani brace spares Algeria’s blushes in Tanzania
Elias Maguli and Orlando Pirates star man Mbwana Samatta propelled the Taifa Stars into a shock 2-0 lead with goals either side of the break.
Seconds before the half-time whistle, Maguli got into a good position to nod home the opener from an excellent cross in from the left.
The hosts were not done; 10 minutes into the second half, Samatta strode past Mandi and placed a low finish into the bottom left corner, beyond a helpless Rais M’Bolhi.
Slimani leapt to his side’s defence in the 71st minute, however, and emphatically fired home Mesloub’s lobbed pass after beating the offiside trap.
The Sporting CP striker then levelled the scores with 15 minutes remaining, when he skipped past the keeper after being released and prodded the ball past the line from a slightly awkward angle.
Algeria now arguably boast the advantage in the tie ahead of the second leg, which will be played in Blida on Tuesday.