Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Metab would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
VIDEO: Slimani brace spares Algeria’s blushes in Tanzania
Elias Maguli and Orlando Pirates star man Mbwana Samatta propelled the Taifa Stars into a shock 2-0 lead with goals either side of the break.
Seconds before the half-time whistle, Maguli got into a good position to nod home the opener from an excellent cross in from the left.
The hosts were not done; 10 minutes into the second half, Samatta strode past Mandi and placed a low finish into the bottom left corner, beyond a helpless Rais M’Bolhi.
Slimani leapt to his side’s defence in the 71st minute, however, and emphatically fired home Mesloub’s lobbed pass after beating the offiside trap.
The Sporting CP striker then levelled the scores with 15 minutes remaining, when he skipped past the keeper after being released and prodded the ball past the line from a slightly awkward angle.
Algeria now arguably boast the advantage in the tie ahead of the second leg, which will be played in Blida on Tuesday.