Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Ferreira: Zamalek is a huge club, never negotiated with other clubs
The former Porto coach was appointed as Zamalek coach in February 2015, winning domestic league title and beating arch rivals Al Ahly in Cup final to win two trophies in his first year, here are excerpts of what he said to Zamalek Magazine:
How do you evaluate the period that you have spent with Zamalek so far?
“Zamalek is a big and respectable club and is a massively popular club everywhere and I’m satisfied with what I’ve done with them till now. I’m happy to being able to work with this squad at my disposal which includes the best and most skillful I’ve found throughout my whole coaching career.”
Do you see that your job [with Zamalek] is becoming more difficult day after the other?
“My mission with Zamalek is heavy and tough and I knew this since day one because I knew I was reaching one of the big clubs in Africa.”
What is your comment on the latest rumors about you negotiating with other clubs?
“I’m a professional manager and I respect my contract with Zamalek because, as I said, I came here to succeed, not to joke or to fail. I will never betray Zamalek so how can I enter negotiations with other clubs knowing what is going to be said? I’m Zamalek coach and that’s the only certainity.”
What are your feelings after winning the league last season seeing that several managers failed to achieve that with Zamalek?
“As I said I came to Zamalek knowing that they have been suffering from not winning the league since a long time ago and the fans demanded one thing from me on day one infront of the club’s gate: the league. At the end we won the title and I was the happiest person in the world with that achievement because I made millions of fans happy.”
What did Manuel Jose tell you about Zamalek?
“I’m tied with a long friendship with Manuel Jose and he told me before signing with Zamalek that this is a deep-rooted club and have millions of fans. He also told me that they haven’t won the league or beaten historical rivals Al Ahly for a long time but in that last season we managed to beat Al Ahly and win the league and the fans regained their smile again.”