Al Ahly received $3.8 million of the transfer fees of former Red...
- Marwan ElShorbagy defeats brother to reach Windy City Open semi-finals
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
Salah’s father: My son’s injury one of the worst moments of my life
Mohamed Salah’s father Salah Ghaly talked about his son’s recent injury and football career highlights in an interview with La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“When I heard that he got injured it was one of the worst moments of my life,” he said to La Gazzetta dello Sport’s Mohamed Mahamoudy. “I was really scared and I didn’t know what was going on.
“Luckily I was reassured soon after he Salah contacted his sister to tell us that he was fine. I am sure will return stronger than before.”
Ghaly confirmed that the 23-year-old is happier in Roma than in Florence and that he’s got all the support he needs from his team mates. “He now plays for a team that aspires to win titles and all his teammates are fond of him,” he explained.
In his answer to a question about Mohamed Salah’s football beginning, his father talked about Salah’s early passion for football at a young age when he joined the Cairo based Arab Contractors at the age of 14. “He had to leave home (Basyoun) every day at nine in the morning and then would come back at nine at night; sometimes even later. I am amazed that he managed to go through it all.”
At the end of the interview, Ghaly ensured that Salah is enjoying his stay in Italy especially because many Egyptians are living in Italy which makes him feel at home.