The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Ahmed Hassan regrets not acting as a player-manager
Retired Egyptian footballer and current Petrojet manager Ahmed Hassan expressed his regret for not registering himself in the team’s squad before the seasons started and act as a player-manager.
After Petrojet appointed Hassan as the head coach replacing Ramadan El-Sayed, the legendary midfielder talked about playing for Petrojet in addition to being the team’s coach. This however did not happen.
“I was wrong not to enroll myself in the team’s squad as the players lack pitch experience. I don’t want to speak ahead of being registering as a player in January,” Hassan explained to TEN 2 TV channel.
“I don’t care about any news or reports about this, what I care about is Petrojet’s board and what they think is better for the team,” he added.
Petrojet is currently the 13th in the Egyptian Premier League with only four points in five matches.