Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Ahmed Hassan regrets not acting as a player-manager
Retired Egyptian footballer and current Petrojet manager Ahmed Hassan expressed his regret for not registering himself in the team’s squad before the seasons started and act as a player-manager.
After Petrojet appointed Hassan as the head coach replacing Ramadan El-Sayed, the legendary midfielder talked about playing for Petrojet in addition to being the team’s coach. This however did not happen.
“I was wrong not to enroll myself in the team’s squad as the players lack pitch experience. I don’t want to speak ahead of being registering as a player in January,” Hassan explained to TEN 2 TV channel.
“I don’t care about any news or reports about this, what I care about is Petrojet’s board and what they think is better for the team,” he added.
Petrojet is currently the 13th in the Egyptian Premier League with only four points in five matches.