Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Cúper: I am responsible for the loss against Chad
The Egyptian national team coach Héctor Cúper said that he is responsible for Egypt’s loss to Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifying match.
Egypt will be facing Chad in the second leg match on Tuesday at the Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.
“There is not enough time between the first and second match, it is hard to find a player that saves the team in only 48 hours. However, we have 23 players who are ready to participate in the next match,” he explained to Al Hayah 2 TV channel.
“We can’t deny the importance of the current players in the team, we have to trust whoever will participate instead of the injured players,” he added.
Both Bassem Morsi and Ahmed Dewidar where injured in Egypt’s first-ever loss to Chad on Saturday and will be missing the second leg match.
Cúper also said in recent statements that Mostafa Fathi will be having a role in the squad facing Chad.
“I take full responsibility for the loss against Chad. As I said before, our aim is to qualify and make 90 million Egyptians happy,” he concluded.