Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Cúper: I am responsible for the loss against Chad
The Egyptian national team coach Héctor Cúper said that he is responsible for Egypt’s loss to Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifying match.
Egypt will be facing Chad in the second leg match on Tuesday at the Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.
“There is not enough time between the first and second match, it is hard to find a player that saves the team in only 48 hours. However, we have 23 players who are ready to participate in the next match,” he explained to Al Hayah 2 TV channel.
“We can’t deny the importance of the current players in the team, we have to trust whoever will participate instead of the injured players,” he added.
Both Bassem Morsi and Ahmed Dewidar where injured in Egypt’s first-ever loss to Chad on Saturday and will be missing the second leg match.
Cúper also said in recent statements that Mostafa Fathi will be having a role in the squad facing Chad.
“I take full responsibility for the loss against Chad. As I said before, our aim is to qualify and make 90 million Egyptians happy,” he concluded.