Former Enugu Rangers coach Lawrence Akpokon spoke about the upcoming CAF Champions League clash...
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
Cúper: I am responsible for the loss against Chad
The Egyptian national team coach Héctor Cúper said that he is responsible for Egypt’s loss to Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifying match.
Egypt will be facing Chad in the second leg match on Tuesday at the Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.
“There is not enough time between the first and second match, it is hard to find a player that saves the team in only 48 hours. However, we have 23 players who are ready to participate in the next match,” he explained to Al Hayah 2 TV channel.
“We can’t deny the importance of the current players in the team, we have to trust whoever will participate instead of the injured players,” he added.
Both Bassem Morsi and Ahmed Dewidar where injured in Egypt’s first-ever loss to Chad on Saturday and will be missing the second leg match.
Cúper also said in recent statements that Mostafa Fathi will be having a role in the squad facing Chad.
“I take full responsibility for the loss against Chad. As I said before, our aim is to qualify and make 90 million Egyptians happy,” he concluded.