Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Cúper: I am responsible for the loss against Chad
The Egyptian national team coach Héctor Cúper said that he is responsible for Egypt’s loss to Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifying match.
Egypt will be facing Chad in the second leg match on Tuesday at the Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.
“There is not enough time between the first and second match, it is hard to find a player that saves the team in only 48 hours. However, we have 23 players who are ready to participate in the next match,” he explained to Al Hayah 2 TV channel.
“We can’t deny the importance of the current players in the team, we have to trust whoever will participate instead of the injured players,” he added.
Both Bassem Morsi and Ahmed Dewidar where injured in Egypt’s first-ever loss to Chad on Saturday and will be missing the second leg match.
Cúper also said in recent statements that Mostafa Fathi will be having a role in the squad facing Chad.
“I take full responsibility for the loss against Chad. As I said before, our aim is to qualify and make 90 million Egyptians happy,” he concluded.