Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Cúper: I am responsible for the loss against Chad
The Egyptian national team coach Héctor Cúper said that he is responsible for Egypt’s loss to Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifying match.
Egypt will be facing Chad in the second leg match on Tuesday at the Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.
“There is not enough time between the first and second match, it is hard to find a player that saves the team in only 48 hours. However, we have 23 players who are ready to participate in the next match,” he explained to Al Hayah 2 TV channel.
“We can’t deny the importance of the current players in the team, we have to trust whoever will participate instead of the injured players,” he added.
Both Bassem Morsi and Ahmed Dewidar where injured in Egypt’s first-ever loss to Chad on Saturday and will be missing the second leg match.
Cúper also said in recent statements that Mostafa Fathi will be having a role in the squad facing Chad.
“I take full responsibility for the loss against Chad. As I said before, our aim is to qualify and make 90 million Egyptians happy,” he concluded.