In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Morocco through to final round of World Cup qualifiers
The Moroccan team managed to advance to the group stage, the final round of the African Qualifications, after a 1-0 loss against tough Equatorial Guinea. The Atlas Lions qualified for a 2-1 aggregate scoreline in the second round of qualifiers.
The match took place on Sunday at the Nuevo Estadio de Malabo stadium in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
After 14 minutes into the game, Igor Engonga opened the scoreline for the National Thunder with a well-placed header that gave the lead to the home side.
However, the Moroccan team, who won in the home leg 2-0, managed to hold the score until the end of the match and qualified to the next round.
Uganda, Congo DR, Gabon and Zambia have already reached the final round of the African qualification.