A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Morocco through to final round of World Cup qualifiers
The Moroccan team managed to advance to the group stage, the final round of the African Qualifications, after a 1-0 loss against tough Equatorial Guinea. The Atlas Lions qualified for a 2-1 aggregate scoreline in the second round of qualifiers.
The match took place on Sunday at the Nuevo Estadio de Malabo stadium in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
After 14 minutes into the game, Igor Engonga opened the scoreline for the National Thunder with a well-placed header that gave the lead to the home side.
However, the Moroccan team, who won in the home leg 2-0, managed to hold the score until the end of the match and qualified to the next round.
Uganda, Congo DR, Gabon and Zambia have already reached the final round of the African qualification.