Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Morocco through to final round of World Cup qualifiers
The Moroccan team managed to advance to the group stage, the final round of the African Qualifications, after a 1-0 loss against tough Equatorial Guinea. The Atlas Lions qualified for a 2-1 aggregate scoreline in the second round of qualifiers.
The match took place on Sunday at the Nuevo Estadio de Malabo stadium in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
After 14 minutes into the game, Igor Engonga opened the scoreline for the National Thunder with a well-placed header that gave the lead to the home side.
However, the Moroccan team, who won in the home leg 2-0, managed to hold the score until the end of the match and qualified to the next round.
Uganda, Congo DR, Gabon and Zambia have already reached the final round of the African qualification.