Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Morocco through to final round of World Cup qualifiers
The Moroccan team managed to advance to the group stage, the final round of the African Qualifications, after a 1-0 loss against tough Equatorial Guinea. The Atlas Lions qualified for a 2-1 aggregate scoreline in the second round of qualifiers.
The match took place on Sunday at the Nuevo Estadio de Malabo stadium in Malabo, Equatorial Guinea.
After 14 minutes into the game, Igor Engonga opened the scoreline for the National Thunder with a well-placed header that gave the lead to the home side.
However, the Moroccan team, who won in the home leg 2-0, managed to hold the score until the end of the match and qualified to the next round.
Uganda, Congo DR, Gabon and Zambia have already reached the final round of the African qualification.