Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Petrojet’s Mohamed El-Shenawy called up ahead of Chad showdown
According to the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) official website, Sherif Ekramy suffered from groin pains and Cúper decided to call up Mohamed El-Shenawy as cover ahead of the return leg against Chad on Tuesday.
The EFA added that Ekramy will remain with the team’s camp for the game, and the Ahly goalkeeper confirmed on Twitter that he is available to play.
الحمد لله اتمرنت بشكل عادي النهارده و موجود في مباراة بكره إن شاء الله….
— SherifEkramy (@SEkramyofficial) November 16, 2015
The 26-year-old year goalkeeper was excluded from the first leg in Chad but will join Ahmed El-Shennawy, Sherif Ekramy and El-Mahdi Soliman as the fourth goalkeeper for Tuesday’s game.
Egypt suffered a shocking 1-0 defeat in Chad in the first leg of the second round of 2018 World Cup qualifying, and will host the second leg at the Borg El-Arab Stadium.