Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Petrojet’s Mohamed El-Shenawy called up ahead of Chad showdown
According to the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) official website, Sherif Ekramy suffered from groin pains and Cúper decided to call up Mohamed El-Shenawy as cover ahead of the return leg against Chad on Tuesday.
The EFA added that Ekramy will remain with the team’s camp for the game, and the Ahly goalkeeper confirmed on Twitter that he is available to play.
الحمد لله اتمرنت بشكل عادي النهارده و موجود في مباراة بكره إن شاء الله….
— SherifEkramy (@SEkramyofficial) November 16, 2015
The 26-year-old year goalkeeper was excluded from the first leg in Chad but will join Ahmed El-Shennawy, Sherif Ekramy and El-Mahdi Soliman as the fourth goalkeeper for Tuesday’s game.
Egypt suffered a shocking 1-0 defeat in Chad in the first leg of the second round of 2018 World Cup qualifying, and will host the second leg at the Borg El-Arab Stadium.