Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Petrojet’s Mohamed El-Shenawy called up ahead of Chad showdown
According to the Egyptian Football Association’s (EFA) official website, Sherif Ekramy suffered from groin pains and Cúper decided to call up Mohamed El-Shenawy as cover ahead of the return leg against Chad on Tuesday.
The EFA added that Ekramy will remain with the team’s camp for the game, and the Ahly goalkeeper confirmed on Twitter that he is available to play.
الحمد لله اتمرنت بشكل عادي النهارده و موجود في مباراة بكره إن شاء الله….
— SherifEkramy (@SEkramyofficial) November 16, 2015
The 26-year-old year goalkeeper was excluded from the first leg in Chad but will join Ahmed El-Shennawy, Sherif Ekramy and El-Mahdi Soliman as the fourth goalkeeper for Tuesday’s game.
Egypt suffered a shocking 1-0 defeat in Chad in the first leg of the second round of 2018 World Cup qualifying, and will host the second leg at the Borg El-Arab Stadium.