Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Abou-Rida: We deserved worse against Chad
The Egyptian national team general supervisor Hany Abou-Rida has said that Egypt deserved a worse result against Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifications.
Egypt lost 1-0 against Chad in the first leg of the second round of the qualifications.
“The players lost their concentration and we suffered from the lack of the experience. We deserved to lose by more than one goal in my opinion, but we were lucky enough to avoid this,” Abou-Rida told Al-Hayah 2 TV channel.
Egypt suffered a shocking loss against Chad in the first leg of the World Cup qualifiers on Saturday. The Pharaohs must win by a two-goal margin without conceding any goals in the second leg on Tuesday to advance to the final round.
“Cùper bore the responsibility and admitted that he wasn’t right after this disappointing result. The players did not take the match seriously and thought it will be easy.”
“The Egyptians are not satisfied with what happened, thankfully we now have a chance to make it up and to advance to the next round of the World Cup qualifications,” he concluded.