Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Abou-Rida: We deserved worse against Chad
The Egyptian national team general supervisor Hany Abou-Rida has said that Egypt deserved a worse result against Chad in the 2018 World Cup qualifications.
Egypt lost 1-0 against Chad in the first leg of the second round of the qualifications.
“The players lost their concentration and we suffered from the lack of the experience. We deserved to lose by more than one goal in my opinion, but we were lucky enough to avoid this,” Abou-Rida told Al-Hayah 2 TV channel.
Egypt suffered a shocking loss against Chad in the first leg of the World Cup qualifiers on Saturday. The Pharaohs must win by a two-goal margin without conceding any goals in the second leg on Tuesday to advance to the final round.
“Cùper bore the responsibility and admitted that he wasn’t right after this disappointing result. The players did not take the match seriously and thought it will be easy.”
“The Egyptians are not satisfied with what happened, thankfully we now have a chance to make it up and to advance to the next round of the World Cup qualifications,” he concluded.