The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Chad national team may arrive in Egypt Tuesday afternoon
Chad national team scheduled to face Egypt in the 2018 World Cup qualifier on Tuesday are expected to arrive in Egypt on Tuesday afternoon, according to Hamada Shady, an official in the CAF sponsor company.
The Chadian team were scheduled to arrive on Monday, before facing some problems with the flight, which prevented them from arriving to Egypt in the designated time.
Shady said that the Chadian national team did not depart to Egypt until 9 am on Tuesday.
“I spoke with Chadian officials and the pilot; They are waiting for the approval to enter the Egyptian airspace as they were supposed to come in a private jet and it is now substituted with a military aircraft,” Shady told Ahmed Shobeir on a radio program.
The team are expected to arrive at Borg Al Arab in Alexandria for the game, which is scheduled at 18:30 CLT.
“I think they will arrive by afternoon and then they will go directly to the stadium,” he added.
Shady declared that if the Chadian team failed to arrive to the match on time, there’s a possibility for the game to get cancelled.
“The match is scheduled to start on 18:30 CLT. If Chad did not arrive in time for the match, we will wait for 20 minutes and then the match will be cancelled,” Shady concluded.
Chad won 1-0 in the first leg and the Egyptian team have to win 2-0 in order to advance to the next round of the 2018 World cup qualifications.