Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Libya advance in World Cup qualifiers with 3-1 win over Rwanda
The Libyans dominated the tempo of the game as they did in the first leg. Abdulsalim Khumaj converted Libya’s dominance in the 39th minute with a shot from the edge of the 18 yard box. However, Rwanda’s Jacques Tuyisenge scored a late first half equalizer to revive his side’s hope.
A mistake from the Rwandan defense allowed Mohamed Al-Ghanudi to score in the 47th minute and make it 2-1 for the visitors. However, the home side didn’t give up and began to push men forward, leaving defensive gaps and inviting Libyan attacks. In the 93rd minute of the match, Mohamed Al-Ghanudi put his name on the scoresheet again when his shot from inside the box deflected off Rwanda’s defense and tricked the keeper. Al-Ghanudi’s second goal was preceded by a series of passes that left the Rwandan side helpless.
The 2018 World Cup qualifiers group stage draw will be made this coming December, creating five groups with four national teams in each group.
Watch the game’s goals below: