Hazem Emam has admitted that his early days at Italy’s Serie...
- Emam talks about his Udinese days and Salah
- Abdel-Khalek joins Arab Contractors on loan
- VIDEO: El-Sheikh scores late to send Egypt to World Military Cup semis
- Ramzy Khaled joins Arab Contractors on loan
- OFFICIAL: Egypt’s Amr Warda joins PAOK from Panetolikos
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
VIDEO: Libya advance in World Cup qualifiers with 3-1 win over Rwanda
The Libyans dominated the tempo of the game as they did in the first leg. Abdulsalim Khumaj converted Libya’s dominance in the 39th minute with a shot from the edge of the 18 yard box. However, Rwanda’s Jacques Tuyisenge scored a late first half equalizer to revive his side’s hope.
A mistake from the Rwandan defense allowed Mohamed Al-Ghanudi to score in the 47th minute and make it 2-1 for the visitors. However, the home side didn’t give up and began to push men forward, leaving defensive gaps and inviting Libyan attacks. In the 93rd minute of the match, Mohamed Al-Ghanudi put his name on the scoresheet again when his shot from inside the box deflected off Rwanda’s defense and tricked the keeper. Al-Ghanudi’s second goal was preceded by a series of passes that left the Rwandan side helpless.
The 2018 World Cup qualifiers group stage draw will be made this coming December, creating five groups with four national teams in each group.
Watch the game’s goals below: