Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Libya advance in World Cup qualifiers with 3-1 win over Rwanda
The Libyans dominated the tempo of the game as they did in the first leg. Abdulsalim Khumaj converted Libya’s dominance in the 39th minute with a shot from the edge of the 18 yard box. However, Rwanda’s Jacques Tuyisenge scored a late first half equalizer to revive his side’s hope.
A mistake from the Rwandan defense allowed Mohamed Al-Ghanudi to score in the 47th minute and make it 2-1 for the visitors. However, the home side didn’t give up and began to push men forward, leaving defensive gaps and inviting Libyan attacks. In the 93rd minute of the match, Mohamed Al-Ghanudi put his name on the scoresheet again when his shot from inside the box deflected off Rwanda’s defense and tricked the keeper. Al-Ghanudi’s second goal was preceded by a series of passes that left the Rwandan side helpless.
The 2018 World Cup qualifiers group stage draw will be made this coming December, creating five groups with four national teams in each group.
Watch the game’s goals below: