Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
VIDEO: Libya advance in World Cup qualifiers with 3-1 win over Rwanda
The Libyans dominated the tempo of the game as they did in the first leg. Abdulsalim Khumaj converted Libya’s dominance in the 39th minute with a shot from the edge of the 18 yard box. However, Rwanda’s Jacques Tuyisenge scored a late first half equalizer to revive his side’s hope.
A mistake from the Rwandan defense allowed Mohamed Al-Ghanudi to score in the 47th minute and make it 2-1 for the visitors. However, the home side didn’t give up and began to push men forward, leaving defensive gaps and inviting Libyan attacks. In the 93rd minute of the match, Mohamed Al-Ghanudi put his name on the scoresheet again when his shot from inside the box deflected off Rwanda’s defense and tricked the keeper. Al-Ghanudi’s second goal was preceded by a series of passes that left the Rwandan side helpless.
The 2018 World Cup qualifiers group stage draw will be made this coming December, creating five groups with four national teams in each group.
Watch the game’s goals below: