Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Tunisia ease past Mauritania to seal progression
Despite going into the match with duo Ayman Abdennour (Valencia) and Jamel Saihi (Montpellier) both injuried, Tunisia claimed a win over the opposition in an exciting encounter.
Tunisia opened the scoring 6 minutes into the second half, with Syam Ben Youssef planting a header from a delightful set-piece past a stranded Mauritania goalkeeper.
Mauritania bounced back in the 72nd minute after a great team move that was finished off by star player Moulay Ahmed Khalil, but Les Mourabitones still needed two more goals to qualify.
Tunisia would go on to win what proved to be an entertaining match; with five minutes to go, an audacious free-kick from Saad Bguir rippled the net, as the home fans erupted into celebration. After their 1-2 win in Mauritania at the weekend, the result means tonight’s hosts progress after winning 4-2 on aggregate.