Ghana FA vice president George Afriyie is pleased that Andre Ayew...
- INTERVIEW | Ahmad Fahmy – Fantasy Premier League’s current number one overall
- Ghana FA vice president announces readiness of Ayew and Asamoah for Egypt clash
- Mouscron coach: Trezeguet most talented player in our team
- Fabio Petruzzi: Salah added value to Roma
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
Tunisia ease past Mauritania to seal progression
Despite going into the match with duo Ayman Abdennour (Valencia) and Jamel Saihi (Montpellier) both injuried, Tunisia claimed a win over the opposition in an exciting encounter.
Tunisia opened the scoring 6 minutes into the second half, with Syam Ben Youssef planting a header from a delightful set-piece past a stranded Mauritania goalkeeper.
Mauritania bounced back in the 72nd minute after a great team move that was finished off by star player Moulay Ahmed Khalil, but Les Mourabitones still needed two more goals to qualify.
Tunisia would go on to win what proved to be an entertaining match; with five minutes to go, an audacious free-kick from Saad Bguir rippled the net, as the home fans erupted into celebration. After their 1-2 win in Mauritania at the weekend, the result means tonight’s hosts progress after winning 4-2 on aggregate.