Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Tunisia ease past Mauritania to seal progression
Despite going into the match with duo Ayman Abdennour (Valencia) and Jamel Saihi (Montpellier) both injuried, Tunisia claimed a win over the opposition in an exciting encounter.
Tunisia opened the scoring 6 minutes into the second half, with Syam Ben Youssef planting a header from a delightful set-piece past a stranded Mauritania goalkeeper.
Mauritania bounced back in the 72nd minute after a great team move that was finished off by star player Moulay Ahmed Khalil, but Les Mourabitones still needed two more goals to qualify.
Tunisia would go on to win what proved to be an entertaining match; with five minutes to go, an audacious free-kick from Saad Bguir rippled the net, as the home fans erupted into celebration. After their 1-2 win in Mauritania at the weekend, the result means tonight’s hosts progress after winning 4-2 on aggregate.