Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Tunisia ease past Mauritania to seal progression
Despite going into the match with duo Ayman Abdennour (Valencia) and Jamel Saihi (Montpellier) both injuried, Tunisia claimed a win over the opposition in an exciting encounter.
Tunisia opened the scoring 6 minutes into the second half, with Syam Ben Youssef planting a header from a delightful set-piece past a stranded Mauritania goalkeeper.
Mauritania bounced back in the 72nd minute after a great team move that was finished off by star player Moulay Ahmed Khalil, but Les Mourabitones still needed two more goals to qualify.
Tunisia would go on to win what proved to be an entertaining match; with five minutes to go, an audacious free-kick from Saad Bguir rippled the net, as the home fans erupted into celebration. After their 1-2 win in Mauritania at the weekend, the result means tonight’s hosts progress after winning 4-2 on aggregate.