Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Tunisia ease past Mauritania to seal progression
Despite going into the match with duo Ayman Abdennour (Valencia) and Jamel Saihi (Montpellier) both injuried, Tunisia claimed a win over the opposition in an exciting encounter.
Tunisia opened the scoring 6 minutes into the second half, with Syam Ben Youssef planting a header from a delightful set-piece past a stranded Mauritania goalkeeper.
Mauritania bounced back in the 72nd minute after a great team move that was finished off by star player Moulay Ahmed Khalil, but Les Mourabitones still needed two more goals to qualify.
Tunisia would go on to win what proved to be an entertaining match; with five minutes to go, an audacious free-kick from Saad Bguir rippled the net, as the home fans erupted into celebration. After their 1-2 win in Mauritania at the weekend, the result means tonight’s hosts progress after winning 4-2 on aggregate.