Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Abou-Rida: Chad’s delayed arrival was planned
Abou-Rida praised Chad’s players for their performance on the field during the match, which they lost 4-0 to Egypt.
He highlighted their performance in regards to being a team that had just landed from their flight.
“For a team that just landed a while back, they played pretty well. They did not look like a silly team, they probably did their warm-ups on the flight,” he said.
Abou-Rida also spoke of the possible reasons the team landed this late saying it was more to do with finances.
“I know Chad’s FA president, and the reason they came this late to Egypt was to save up on the finances after the new regulations set by the CAF,” he concluded.