Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Chad manager blames pre-match conditions
Chad national team coach Mohamed Omar cited the circumstances prior to the game as the main reason for his team’s big loss against Egypt.
Les Sao arrived at the Borg El-Arab Stadium just over an hour before kick-off due to a delayed flight. When asked about the result of the match, Chad coach Mohamed Omar was straightforward with his reply.
“It’s simple; we did not get to warm up for this game. We conceded two early goals because we never warmed up for the game,” Omar said.
My tactics were clear; we needed to close up the pitch against our opponents but a lack of preparation made us concede [twice],” he said.
Omar was also keen to voice his discontent at the situation.
“I had planned for us to leave Chad and head to Egypt along with the Egyptian national team three days ago, but that didn’t happen,” he concluded.