Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Chad manager blames pre-match conditions
Chad national team coach Mohamed Omar cited the circumstances prior to the game as the main reason for his team’s big loss against Egypt.
Les Sao arrived at the Borg El-Arab Stadium just over an hour before kick-off due to a delayed flight. When asked about the result of the match, Chad coach Mohamed Omar was straightforward with his reply.
“It’s simple; we did not get to warm up for this game. We conceded two early goals because we never warmed up for the game,” Omar said.
My tactics were clear; we needed to close up the pitch against our opponents but a lack of preparation made us concede [twice],” he said.
Omar was also keen to voice his discontent at the situation.
“I had planned for us to leave Chad and head to Egypt along with the Egyptian national team three days ago, but that didn’t happen,” he concluded.