Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Chad manager blames pre-match conditions
Chad national team coach Mohamed Omar cited the circumstances prior to the game as the main reason for his team’s big loss against Egypt.
Les Sao arrived at the Borg El-Arab Stadium just over an hour before kick-off due to a delayed flight. When asked about the result of the match, Chad coach Mohamed Omar was straightforward with his reply.
“It’s simple; we did not get to warm up for this game. We conceded two early goals because we never warmed up for the game,” Omar said.
My tactics were clear; we needed to close up the pitch against our opponents but a lack of preparation made us concede [twice],” he said.
Omar was also keen to voice his discontent at the situation.
“I had planned for us to leave Chad and head to Egypt along with the Egyptian national team three days ago, but that didn’t happen,” he concluded.