Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Egypt to play friendlies against North African sides
Egypt’s national team manager, Hector Cuper has requested to play friendlies against North African sides during the upcoming months.
Egypt’s national team general supervisor, Hany Abou-Rida spoke about the upcoming period for the national team.
“I had a chat with Hector Cuper after the game and he requested to have a monthly training camp to be concluded by a friendly game,” he said.
Egypt’s next official game in the FIFA agenda will be in March when they face Nigeria therefore Abou-Rida spoke about the options of teams to play till March.
“Since we will be playing outside the FIFA International Agenda, we will be looking for teams that do not have a majority of their players in Europe. We do not mind facing Algeria or any country from North Africa,” he concluded.
It is to be noted that Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Morocco have all qualified to the group stages of the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers alongside Egypt.