Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Egypt to play friendlies against North African sides
Egypt’s national team manager, Hector Cuper has requested to play friendlies against North African sides during the upcoming months.
Egypt’s national team general supervisor, Hany Abou-Rida spoke about the upcoming period for the national team.
“I had a chat with Hector Cuper after the game and he requested to have a monthly training camp to be concluded by a friendly game,” he said.
Egypt’s next official game in the FIFA agenda will be in March when they face Nigeria therefore Abou-Rida spoke about the options of teams to play till March.
“Since we will be playing outside the FIFA International Agenda, we will be looking for teams that do not have a majority of their players in Europe. We do not mind facing Algeria or any country from North Africa,” he concluded.
It is to be noted that Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Morocco have all qualified to the group stages of the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers alongside Egypt.