Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
Egypt to play friendlies against North African sides
Egypt’s national team manager, Hector Cuper has requested to play friendlies against North African sides during the upcoming months.
Egypt’s national team general supervisor, Hany Abou-Rida spoke about the upcoming period for the national team.
“I had a chat with Hector Cuper after the game and he requested to have a monthly training camp to be concluded by a friendly game,” he said.
Egypt’s next official game in the FIFA agenda will be in March when they face Nigeria therefore Abou-Rida spoke about the options of teams to play till March.
“Since we will be playing outside the FIFA International Agenda, we will be looking for teams that do not have a majority of their players in Europe. We do not mind facing Algeria or any country from North Africa,” he concluded.
It is to be noted that Tunisia, Algeria, Libya and Morocco have all qualified to the group stages of the 2018 World Cup Qualifiers alongside Egypt.