Iraqi side Al-Shorta have terminated the contract of Egyptian manager Mohamed Youssef by mutual...
- OFFICIAL: Mohamed Youssef leaves Al Shorta by mutual consent
- Ahmed Hassan: Salah has surpassed every Egyptian player
- Ahmed Hassan hopes prayers will stop Buffon from breaking his record
- Stoke City CEO: Ramadan’s success opens door for other young signings
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
Fayez: We’d still have mistakes if we won 20-0
Fayez expressed his delight with the result but highlighted that the team did make some mistakes during the game.
“The players did 80% of what was asked of them, however there were always errors in a game even if we won 20-0,” he said on an interview with Sada El-Balad.
“If we exclude Abdullah El-Said and Hossam Ghaly, you will see that we have a very young team between the ages of 21 and 23 years old. What makes these players special however, is that they are modest, and they love their country. These players are prepared to sacrifice themselves for anything,” he said.
Egypt’s El-Nenny scored the first goal for the Pharaoh’s during the game before Abdullah El-Said scored his first national team goal with a header.
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ then added a brace to take the scoreline to 4-0 and seal progression.