Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Fayez: We’d still have mistakes if we won 20-0
Fayez expressed his delight with the result but highlighted that the team did make some mistakes during the game.
“The players did 80% of what was asked of them, however there were always errors in a game even if we won 20-0,” he said on an interview with Sada El-Balad.
“If we exclude Abdullah El-Said and Hossam Ghaly, you will see that we have a very young team between the ages of 21 and 23 years old. What makes these players special however, is that they are modest, and they love their country. These players are prepared to sacrifice themselves for anything,” he said.
Egypt’s El-Nenny scored the first goal for the Pharaoh’s during the game before Abdullah El-Said scored his first national team goal with a header.
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ then added a brace to take the scoreline to 4-0 and seal progression.