Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Fayez: We’d still have mistakes if we won 20-0
Egyptian national team assistant manager Mahmoud Fayez admitted that there were still tactical mistakes during Egypt’s win over Chad.
Fayez expressed his delight with the result but highlighted that the team did make some mistakes during the game.
“The players did 80% of what was asked of them, however there were always errors in a game even if we won 20-0,” he said on an interview with Sada El-Balad.
“If we exclude Abdullah El-Said and Hossam Ghaly, you will see that we have a very young team between the ages of 21 and 23 years old. What makes these players special however, is that they are modest, and they love their country. These players are prepared to sacrifice themselves for anything,” he said.
Egypt’s El-Nenny scored the first goal for the Pharaoh’s during the game before Abdullah El-Said scored his first national team goal with a header.
Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ then added a brace to take the scoreline to 4-0 and seal progression.