Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced that a media ban will...
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
VIDEO: Tetouan edge Raja Casablanca in thriller
A careless touch from the last defender in the opening seconds allowed Raja’s Ahmed Jahouh in on goal with just the goalkeeper to beat, and he duly finished the chance with a neat lob.
The referee blew for a controversial penalty for the visitors 20 minutes later, and Zaid Krouch coolly dispatched the spot-kick to draw his side level, amidst a cloud of boos by the home supporters.
Deplorable defending from the hosts allowed Zouhair Naïm to dribble into the area and fire past a helpless Anas Zniti in the 53rd minute, as Tetouan took the lead for the first time in the match.
Salman Ouald El Haj compounded Raja’s misery eight minutes later, poking home his side’s third of the match after Krouch was released down the right flank during a counterattack.
Yassine Salhi salvaged some pride for the Green Eagles 5 minutes from time, when his long-range free-kick evaded everyone and found the bottom corner, but it was too little, too late.
Despite clinching the three points, Tetouan prop up the Moroccan league table, while Raja remain in 7th place.