Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
VIDEO: Tetouan edge Raja Casablanca in thriller
A careless touch from the last defender in the opening seconds allowed Raja’s Ahmed Jahouh in on goal with just the goalkeeper to beat, and he duly finished the chance with a neat lob.
The referee blew for a controversial penalty for the visitors 20 minutes later, and Zaid Krouch coolly dispatched the spot-kick to draw his side level, amidst a cloud of boos by the home supporters.
Deplorable defending from the hosts allowed Zouhair Naïm to dribble into the area and fire past a helpless Anas Zniti in the 53rd minute, as Tetouan took the lead for the first time in the match.
Salman Ouald El Haj compounded Raja’s misery eight minutes later, poking home his side’s third of the match after Krouch was released down the right flank during a counterattack.
Yassine Salhi salvaged some pride for the Green Eagles 5 minutes from time, when his long-range free-kick evaded everyone and found the bottom corner, but it was too little, too late.
Despite clinching the three points, Tetouan prop up the Moroccan league table, while Raja remain in 7th place.