Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
VIDEO: Egypt Olympic team seal friendly win over Cameroon
In their preparations for the Olympics dream, Egypt’s Olympic team secured a 2-1 win over Cameroon in a friendly that took place in Sharm El-Sheikh stadium.
The Egyptian Olympic team are preparing for the U-23 African Cup of Nations, which will take place between Nov. 28 and Dec. 12 in Senegal. The African championship acts as the CAF qualifier for the Olympics as the top three teams will qualify to the 2016 Olympics in Rio De Janeiro.
The Egyptian side started the game so strongly and managed to open the scoring in the 16th minute. Mohamed Salem scored after he followed a mistake from the Cameroonian goalkeeper who failed to deal with Saleh Gomaa’s cross.
The beginning of the second half saw three substitutions for the Egyptian side as Mohamed Adel, Karim Mamdouh and Mohamed Ashraf came on for Mohamed Hamdy, Osama Ibrahim and Mohamed Fathi respectively.
In the 60th minute Cameroon managed to equalize after a rocket shot in Awad’s goal.
Six minutes later, the substitute Karim Mamdouh scored the second for the Egyptians after he followed Ramadan Sobhy’s shot.
In the 80th minute Ramdan Sobhy missed a penalty after he easily put the ball in the hands of Cameroonian goalkeeper. Egypt wasted their chances for scoring a third goal as the game ended 2-1 for the Pharaohs.
The Egyptian will play another friendly against the Cameroonian side next Sunday.
Egypt are in Group B of the African championship alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria, while Group A consists of Senegal, Tunisia and Zambia.