Zimbabwean forward, Khamat Billiat, is glad that he stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns...
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: 75,000 allowed to attend Egypt qualifier against Ghana
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
FIFA reveal dates for group stage of World Cup qualifiers
FIFA have announced the dates for the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifying group phase after the second round of the African qualifiers was concluded on Tuesday.
The Egyptian national team was able to reach the final stage following their easy victory over Chad 4-0 in the second leg, to qualify with a 4-1 aggregate score.
The group stage draw will be held in June 2016, in which the 20 African teams that managed to advance to the final round of qualifiers will be divided into 5 groups. The top of each group will qualify to the 2018 World Cup.
The games will be played next year on the following dates:
First round: October 3
Second round: November 7
Third round: August 28
Fourth round: September 2
Fifth round: October 2
Sixth round: November 6
Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco are among the 20 countries that have already booked their spot in the final qualifying round.
In the meantime, Egypt’s coach Héctor Cúper requested the arrangement of friendlies against North-African sides in the upcoming months.