Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
FIFA reveal dates for group stage of World Cup qualifiers
FIFA have announced the dates for the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifying group phase after the second round of the African qualifiers was concluded on Tuesday.
The Egyptian national team was able to reach the final stage following their easy victory over Chad 4-0 in the second leg, to qualify with a 4-1 aggregate score.
The group stage draw will be held in June 2016, in which the 20 African teams that managed to advance to the final round of qualifiers will be divided into 5 groups. The top of each group will qualify to the 2018 World Cup.
The games will be played next year on the following dates:
First round: October 3
Second round: November 7
Third round: August 28
Fourth round: September 2
Fifth round: October 2
Sixth round: November 6
Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco are among the 20 countries that have already booked their spot in the final qualifying round.
In the meantime, Egypt’s coach Héctor Cúper requested the arrangement of friendlies against North-African sides in the upcoming months.