Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
FIFA reveal dates for group stage of World Cup qualifiers
FIFA have announced the dates for the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifying group phase after the second round of the African qualifiers was concluded on Tuesday.
The Egyptian national team was able to reach the final stage following their easy victory over Chad 4-0 in the second leg, to qualify with a 4-1 aggregate score.
The group stage draw will be held in June 2016, in which the 20 African teams that managed to advance to the final round of qualifiers will be divided into 5 groups. The top of each group will qualify to the 2018 World Cup.
The games will be played next year on the following dates:
First round: October 3
Second round: November 7
Third round: August 28
Fourth round: September 2
Fifth round: October 2
Sixth round: November 6
Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco are among the 20 countries that have already booked their spot in the final qualifying round.
In the meantime, Egypt’s coach Héctor Cúper requested the arrangement of friendlies against North-African sides in the upcoming months.