Zamalek have reportedly refused to let their player Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh join the Egyptian locals national...
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
FIFA reveal dates for group stage of World Cup qualifiers
FIFA have announced the dates for the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifying group phase after the second round of the African qualifiers was concluded on Tuesday.
The Egyptian national team was able to reach the final stage following their easy victory over Chad 4-0 in the second leg, to qualify with a 4-1 aggregate score.
The group stage draw will be held in June 2016, in which the 20 African teams that managed to advance to the final round of qualifiers will be divided into 5 groups. The top of each group will qualify to the 2018 World Cup.
The games will be played next year on the following dates:
First round: October 3
Second round: November 7
Third round: August 28
Fourth round: September 2
Fifth round: October 2
Sixth round: November 6
Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco are among the 20 countries that have already booked their spot in the final qualifying round.
In the meantime, Egypt’s coach Héctor Cúper requested the arrangement of friendlies against North-African sides in the upcoming months.