Ghana coach Avram Grant has demanded the allowance of replacing injured players in...
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
FIFA reveal dates for group stage of World Cup qualifiers
FIFA have announced the dates for the 2018 Russia World Cup qualifying group phase after the second round of the African qualifiers was concluded on Tuesday.
The Egyptian national team was able to reach the final stage following their easy victory over Chad 4-0 in the second leg, to qualify with a 4-1 aggregate score.
The group stage draw will be held in June 2016, in which the 20 African teams that managed to advance to the final round of qualifiers will be divided into 5 groups. The top of each group will qualify to the 2018 World Cup.
The games will be played next year on the following dates:
First round: October 3
Second round: November 7
Third round: August 28
Fourth round: September 2
Fifth round: October 2
Sixth round: November 6
Tunisia, Algeria and Morocco are among the 20 countries that have already booked their spot in the final qualifying round.
In the meantime, Egypt’s coach Héctor Cúper requested the arrangement of friendlies against North-African sides in the upcoming months.