Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Hamdy Zaki: Zamalek negotiations started after my signing for Al Ahly
Mohamed Hamdy Zaki revealed that Zamalek started negotiating with him after he had already signed for Al Ahly.
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has previously announced that he was negotiating with Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, before the 23-year-old player made his official move to Al Ahly from Ittihad of Alexandria in the 2015 summer transfer market.
Zaki denied in press statements that Zamalek negotiated with him before he signed for the Red Devils.
“The negotiations with Zamalek started afterwards. I chose Al Ahly because this was my dream move, also all my family supports Al Ahly.”
His move to Al Ahly has caused turbulence, as it was rumored that his contract with Ittihad of Alexandria was still ongoing.
“I didn’t get into any trouble with Ittihad, I got in contact with them and made it clear that I wanted to join the ranks of Al Ahly.
“Ittihad needs a lot of financial and managerial support, as well as support from the fans. Crisis aren’t a new reality for them.”
Zaki, who got a knock during Al Ahly’s friendly against Ceramica Cleopatra, said that he isn’t concerned about his lack of game time with the Red Devils, as he thinks that Peseiro is trying to stick as much as possible to Fathi Mabrouk’s tactics.
“I won’t rush to start as a regular with Al Ahly, I have big hopes on achieving a lot with this club.
“There’s no tough competition in my position in the club. But even if I have some lurking competition, I’ll fight I get the chance”, he added.
“Peseiro is a very good manager, he’s getting close to the players and he treats them well.”
Zaki denied the rumours circulating about a clash between him and his teammate Amr Gamal after one of the training sessions.
“Amr Gamal and I didn’t pick up any fights, and those spreading the rumours chose the wrong person. Gamal and I are very good friends.”