Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Hamdy Zaki: Zamalek negotiations started after my signing for Al Ahly
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour has previously announced that he was negotiating with Mohamed Hamdy Zaki, before the 23-year-old player made his official move to Al Ahly from Ittihad of Alexandria in the 2015 summer transfer market.
Zaki denied in press statements that Zamalek negotiated with him before he signed for the Red Devils.
“The negotiations with Zamalek started afterwards. I chose Al Ahly because this was my dream move, also all my family supports Al Ahly.”
His move to Al Ahly has caused turbulence, as it was rumored that his contract with Ittihad of Alexandria was still ongoing.
“I didn’t get into any trouble with Ittihad, I got in contact with them and made it clear that I wanted to join the ranks of Al Ahly.
“Ittihad needs a lot of financial and managerial support, as well as support from the fans. Crisis aren’t a new reality for them.”
Zaki, who got a knock during Al Ahly’s friendly against Ceramica Cleopatra, said that he isn’t concerned about his lack of game time with the Red Devils, as he thinks that Peseiro is trying to stick as much as possible to Fathi Mabrouk’s tactics.
“I won’t rush to start as a regular with Al Ahly, I have big hopes on achieving a lot with this club.
“There’s no tough competition in my position in the club. But even if I have some lurking competition, I’ll fight I get the chance”, he added.
“Peseiro is a very good manager, he’s getting close to the players and he treats them well.”
Zaki denied the rumours circulating about a clash between him and his teammate Amr Gamal after one of the training sessions.
“Amr Gamal and I didn’t pick up any fights, and those spreading the rumours chose the wrong person. Gamal and I are very good friends.”