AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Amr Gamal: No contacts with Zamalek, leaving Al Ahly is not an option
The 24-year-old international got promoted from Al Ahly’s youth sector to the club’s senior team in 2013, and since then Gamal scored 16 goals for Al Ahly in all competition but has been struggling to regain his great form since coming back from his anterior cruciate ligament injury he got hit with in late 2014.
“The presence of several quality strikers at Al Ahly is a positive thing, competing with these players improves my performance especially in the view of my young age,” Gamal told TEN TV.
“I am still young and I am confident my chance will come soon enough, it’s possible that an injury might stall my progress, but my age allows me to easily step up again,”
Regarding Egypt national team coach Hector Cúper, Gamal said: “Cúper is so attentive with me in training and believes in my abilities, he looks for the player who suits his ideas and playing style,”
Gamal also discussed his teammate Ahmed Hassan Koka on how the Sporting Braga striker deal with the media and what helped him to be successful abroad so far.
“Koka is a great player and person, I know him well and we communicate a lot. Our players abroad don’t feel the attention Al Ahly and Zamalek players get, except for Mohamed Salah,” said Gamal.
“Stuff like that doesn’t bother Koka, he only focuses on the pitch and listens well to the instructions which contributes in the improvement of his performance,” he added.
“His character has helped him a lot to succeed in Europe, I wish him all the best.”
The Egypt international previously admitted receiving several offers but ensured arch rivals Zamalek are not among the clubs interested and his full respect to his Al Ahly contract
“Does it make sense that someone from Zamalek contact me at the meantime? I have a four year contract with Al Ahly thus leaving the club isn’t an option at all. Whether with the national team or Al Ahly, I am sure I will get my chance soon,” he concluded.