The UEFA Champions League trophy will visit Cairo on a two-day tour...
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
Africa’s World Cup qualifiers draw set for June
FIFA have announced that the draw for final round of 2018 World Cup qualifiers for the African zone will take place in Cairo on 24 June 2016.
According to the FIFA official website, the group stage draw, which will involve 20 African teams, will be held at the CAF headquarters located in Cairo.
The 20 teams will be drawn into five four-team groups with teams playing home and away matches. Group leaders qualify automatically for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Teams will be seeded into four pots according to their FIFA rankings. Egypt now hold the 11th position in Africa, which puts them in pot three. Rankings, however, can change when Egypt play matches before the draw in June.
FIFA have announced on Thursday that the group stage qualifier matches will start on 3 October 2016 and finish by 6 November 2017.
Egypt has qualified for the third and final round of World Cup qualifications after beating Chad 4-1 on aggregate.