Portuguese club Sporting Clube de Portugal have lodged a complaint with FIFA...
- Sporting, Marítimo file FIFA complaints against Zamalek – Report
- Ngoma cuts ties with Ittihad of Alexandria, nears Arrows move
- Egypt to face DR Congo in international friendly
- Hazem Emam stripped of Zamalek captaincy
- Hazem Emam waiting for Zamalek opportunity
- Braga knocked out of League Cup after loss to Benfica
- Salah scores as Roma come back to defeat Genoa
- OFFICIAL: Zamalek terminate Alex McLeish’s contract
- Egyptian referee Gehad Grisha appointed for Rio Olympics
- FTF threaten to continue football season behind closed doors
Africa’s World Cup qualifiers draw set for June
FIFA have announced that the draw for final round of 2018 World Cup qualifiers for the African zone will take place in Cairo on 24 June 2016.
According to the FIFA official website, the group stage draw, which will involve 20 African teams, will be held at the CAF headquarters located in Cairo.
The 20 teams will be drawn into five four-team groups with teams playing home and away matches. Group leaders qualify automatically for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
Teams will be seeded into four pots according to their FIFA rankings. Egypt now hold the 11th position in Africa, which puts them in pot three. Rankings, however, can change when Egypt play matches before the draw in June.
FIFA have announced on Thursday that the group stage qualifier matches will start on 3 October 2016 and finish by 6 November 2017.
Egypt has qualified for the third and final round of World Cup qualifications after beating Chad 4-1 on aggregate.