Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- Gymnastics team issue statement after Al Gazira hall fire
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
Bruce praises Elmohamady as Hull close in on record
Speaking ahead of the Tigers’ trip to Bristol City, Steve Bruce praised his players as his team closes in on their record of consecutive clean sheets.
When asked in the pre-match conference about Hull City’s five consecutive clean sheets, Bruce explained: “The first line of defence for us is obviously our forwards and, over the last month or so, it must have been very comfortable being a defender when you’ve got the likes of Livermore, Clucas and Elmohamady in front of you. They can all run a million miles and get up and down the pitch to defend and attack.”
The Tigers have the chance of equaling the club’s clean sheet record when they face Bristol City away on Saturday 21st November.
But the manager is not overly concerned with the records: “I never really look at records, although I know there have been a few in the last couple of years with the FA Cup Final and playing in Europe,” he claimed.
“Records are there to be broken and if we can do it then great. But the most important thing is to win the game and if we can do that, we’ll remain top of the league and that is more important.”
Hull City look to pick up where they left off before the international break and to extend their 12 match unbeaten run against the team lying in 20th place.
Elmohamady spoke earlier on how the break was perfectly timed to help the team on their impressive form.
Hull City are looking for a quick return to the top flight after being relegated last season. They currently lead the Championship on goal difference ahead of Brighton.