Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Egypt national team doctor Osama El-Shaer dies
Osama El-Shaer, Egypt’s team doctor, passed away on Thursday evening, after a short battle with illness.
Osama El-Shaer was reportedly diagnosed with a brain tumor and subsequently underwent surgery, which was performed by a French doctor.
The last time El-Shaer travelled with the national team was during the team’s camp in the UAE.
Although he couldn’t attend Egypt’s matches against Chad in the 2018 World cup qualifiers, El-Shaer visited the team’s training camp before the clashes.
Egypt’s FA had appointed Mohamed Abou El-Ela as a temporary doctor for the national team during El-Shaer’s sickness absence.
El-Shaer previously worked with the Egyptian Olympic team before he was promoted on May to the first team.