Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Egypt national team doctor Osama El-Shaer dies
Osama El-Shaer, Egypt’s team doctor, passed away on Thursday evening, after a short battle with illness.
Osama El-Shaer was reportedly diagnosed with a brain tumor and subsequently underwent surgery, which was performed by a French doctor.
The last time El-Shaer travelled with the national team was during the team’s camp in the UAE.
Although he couldn’t attend Egypt’s matches against Chad in the 2018 World cup qualifiers, El-Shaer visited the team’s training camp before the clashes.
Egypt’s FA had appointed Mohamed Abou El-Ela as a temporary doctor for the national team during El-Shaer’s sickness absence.
El-Shaer previously worked with the Egyptian Olympic team before he was promoted on May to the first team.