Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Egypt national team doctor Osama El-Shaer dies
Osama El-Shaer, Egypt’s team doctor, passed away on Thursday evening, after a short battle with illness.
Osama El-Shaer was reportedly diagnosed with a brain tumor and subsequently underwent surgery, which was performed by a French doctor.
The last time El-Shaer travelled with the national team was during the team’s camp in the UAE.
Although he couldn’t attend Egypt’s matches against Chad in the 2018 World cup qualifiers, El-Shaer visited the team’s training camp before the clashes.
Egypt’s FA had appointed Mohamed Abou El-Ela as a temporary doctor for the national team during El-Shaer’s sickness absence.
El-Shaer previously worked with the Egyptian Olympic team before he was promoted on May to the first team.