Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Egypt national team doctor Osama El-Shaer dies
Osama El-Shaer, Egypt’s team doctor, passed away on Thursday evening, after a short battle with illness.
Osama El-Shaer was reportedly diagnosed with a brain tumor and subsequently underwent surgery, which was performed by a French doctor.
The last time El-Shaer travelled with the national team was during the team’s camp in the UAE.
Although he couldn’t attend Egypt’s matches against Chad in the 2018 World cup qualifiers, El-Shaer visited the team’s training camp before the clashes.
Egypt’s FA had appointed Mohamed Abou El-Ela as a temporary doctor for the national team during El-Shaer’s sickness absence.
El-Shaer previously worked with the Egyptian Olympic team before he was promoted on May to the first team.