Zamalek Chairman Mortada Mansour has sent out a message to several top...
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
El Badry angered by question about Cuper
Senior Egypt national team manager Héctor Cúper is reportedly planning a trip to Senegal to watch the U-23 players at the Africa Cup of Nations, which kicks off later this month.
A question on if his presence will add extra motivation to the players drew an angry response from the U-23 manager El Badry
“There is no relation between his presence and the players being motivated or not, let’s not mix things”, El Badry told a television reporter.
“His presence might also put pressure on the players, but he is free to attend the games if he wants to assess the players he wants to call up” he concluded.
Egypt’s U-23 side is aiming for a top three finish at the Africa Cup of Nations to claim a ticket to the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro.
The Pharaohs are in group B alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.