Ghana coach Avram Grant spoke about his team’s next game in the...
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
El Badry angered by question about Cuper
Senior Egypt national team manager Héctor Cúper is reportedly planning a trip to Senegal to watch the U-23 players at the Africa Cup of Nations, which kicks off later this month.
A question on if his presence will add extra motivation to the players drew an angry response from the U-23 manager El Badry
“There is no relation between his presence and the players being motivated or not, let’s not mix things”, El Badry told a television reporter.
“His presence might also put pressure on the players, but he is free to attend the games if he wants to assess the players he wants to call up” he concluded.
Egypt’s U-23 side is aiming for a top three finish at the Africa Cup of Nations to claim a ticket to the 2016 Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro.
The Pharaohs are in group B alongside Algeria, Mali and Nigeria.