Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Garcia: Salah absence is a blow but we have options
AS Roma manager Rudi Garcia spoke about the absences in his attacking force, including Mohamed Salah, but ensured that the squad has other options that are worthy of praise ahead of their league clash with Bologna.
The French manager admitted that missing the likes of Salah and Gervinho is a major blow to their attack, but he is confident in the likes of Iago Falque and Juan Manuel Iturbe, stressing on the fact that his team has found the net numerous times with different tactics in previous games.
“We’re missing big players for this match, like Gervinho, Salah and Totti, but I’m confident in the options we have available,” said Garcia. “We didn’t only play on the counter with Salah and Gervinho in the side. Iago Falque was playing brilliantly before his injury, for instance, he was one of our key men. Manuel has similar attributes to Mohamed and Gervinho and we can really use him. As I’ve said, I’m confident.”
Garcia continued, “We have Edin Dzeko, Manuel Iturbe, Iago Falque, Ezequiel Ponce and Umar Sadiq up top. And, lest we forget, we’re scoring from all over the pitch. That’s a positive for Roma and I hope it continues.”
The 51-year-old also made it clear that his side will not overlook the game against Bologna on Saturday, claiming that Bologna has several key players and new coach.
“My players know that they’ll have to be entirely focused on this game. We want the three points,” he explained.