Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Garcia: Salah absence is a blow but we have options
AS Roma manager Rudi Garcia spoke about the absences in his attacking force, including Mohamed Salah, but ensured that the squad has other options that are worthy of praise ahead of their league clash with Bologna.
The French manager admitted that missing the likes of Salah and Gervinho is a major blow to their attack, but he is confident in the likes of Iago Falque and Juan Manuel Iturbe, stressing on the fact that his team has found the net numerous times with different tactics in previous games.
“We’re missing big players for this match, like Gervinho, Salah and Totti, but I’m confident in the options we have available,” said Garcia. “We didn’t only play on the counter with Salah and Gervinho in the side. Iago Falque was playing brilliantly before his injury, for instance, he was one of our key men. Manuel has similar attributes to Mohamed and Gervinho and we can really use him. As I’ve said, I’m confident.”
Garcia continued, “We have Edin Dzeko, Manuel Iturbe, Iago Falque, Ezequiel Ponce and Umar Sadiq up top. And, lest we forget, we’re scoring from all over the pitch. That’s a positive for Roma and I hope it continues.”
The 51-year-old also made it clear that his side will not overlook the game against Bologna on Saturday, claiming that Bologna has several key players and new coach.
“My players know that they’ll have to be entirely focused on this game. We want the three points,” he explained.