Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Gervinho out for 3 weeks
Cote d’Ivoire forward Gervinho will be sidelined for 3 weeks after picking up an injury during international duty against Liberia.
The former Arsenal player has suffered a Grade I lesion to his right thigh and is set to miss the next three weeks for Roma, according to the official club radio station.
The 28-year-old winger – who has scored seven goals for Roma this season – was subbed off 72 minutes into his country’s match last Tuesday against Liberia, which ended 3-0 for the Elephants.
Gervinho’s injury comes as a blow to the Italian side who are already going to be without Mohamed Salah for a month following his injury against Lazio.
The Cote d’Ivoire international is now set to miss Roma’s upcoming games against Bologna, Barcelona, Atalanta and Torino.