Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Gervinho out for 3 weeks
Cote d’Ivoire forward Gervinho will be sidelined for 3 weeks after picking up an injury during international duty against Liberia.
The former Arsenal player has suffered a Grade I lesion to his right thigh and is set to miss the next three weeks for Roma, according to the official club radio station.
The 28-year-old winger – who has scored seven goals for Roma this season – was subbed off 72 minutes into his country’s match last Tuesday against Liberia, which ended 3-0 for the Elephants.
Gervinho’s injury comes as a blow to the Italian side who are already going to be without Mohamed Salah for a month following his injury against Lazio.
The Cote d’Ivoire international is now set to miss Roma’s upcoming games against Bologna, Barcelona, Atalanta and Torino.