Al Ahly continued their winning streak after beating Tanta 1-0 on Monday,...
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
Gervinho out for 3 weeks
Cote d’Ivoire forward Gervinho will be sidelined for 3 weeks after picking up an injury during international duty against Liberia.
The former Arsenal player has suffered a Grade I lesion to his right thigh and is set to miss the next three weeks for Roma, according to the official club radio station.
The 28-year-old winger – who has scored seven goals for Roma this season – was subbed off 72 minutes into his country’s match last Tuesday against Liberia, which ended 3-0 for the Elephants.
Gervinho’s injury comes as a blow to the Italian side who are already going to be without Mohamed Salah for a month following his injury against Lazio.
The Cote d’Ivoire international is now set to miss Roma’s upcoming games against Bologna, Barcelona, Atalanta and Torino.