Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Elmohamady impresses as Hull settle for draw with Bristol City
Elmohamady’s Hull City came from behind to draw 1-1 at newly promoted Bristol City despite a largely dominant performance from the Tigers.
Hull were without top scorer Abel Hernandez, who was rested after his World Cup qualification exertions in the recent international break with Uruguay; Arsenal loanee was Chuba Akpom up front, with Senegal midfielder Mohamed Diame playing as a support striker.
The Tigers were on a 5 match clean sheet streak going into the game, however this was broken by Kieran Agard shortly before half time after a goal mouth scramble which right back Moses Odubajo failed to clear.
Despite a dominant Hull performance, the second half was largely uneventful until midway through when Elmohamady’s header to Diame was spectacularly flicked on for Shaun Maloney, who scored his first Hull goal with a composed finish past Fielding.
Robertson and Elmohamady’s crosses were the main source of danger for Hull, but the forwards failed to convert the fantastic service into goals as the match drew to a close.
The draw puts Hull one point clear of Brighton at the top of the Championship table, with the latter side yet to play their match this weekend.