Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Elmohamady impresses as Hull settle for draw with Bristol City
Elmohamady’s Hull City came from behind to draw 1-1 at newly promoted Bristol City despite a largely dominant performance from the Tigers.
Hull were without top scorer Abel Hernandez, who was rested after his World Cup qualification exertions in the recent international break with Uruguay; Arsenal loanee was Chuba Akpom up front, with Senegal midfielder Mohamed Diame playing as a support striker.
The Tigers were on a 5 match clean sheet streak going into the game, however this was broken by Kieran Agard shortly before half time after a goal mouth scramble which right back Moses Odubajo failed to clear.
Despite a dominant Hull performance, the second half was largely uneventful until midway through when Elmohamady’s header to Diame was spectacularly flicked on for Shaun Maloney, who scored his first Hull goal with a composed finish past Fielding.
Robertson and Elmohamady’s crosses were the main source of danger for Hull, but the forwards failed to convert the fantastic service into goals as the match drew to a close.
The draw puts Hull one point clear of Brighton at the top of the Championship table, with the latter side yet to play their match this weekend.