Entag El-Harby put an end to Al Ahly’s seven-match winning streak after...
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
Ittihad of Alexandria hire Leonel Pontes
Ittihad of Alexandria have appointed the experienced Leonel Pontes as manager, following the departure of Stoycho Mladenov.
Having sacked their manager just five rounds into the Egyptian Premier League competition, Ittihad of Alexandria acted swiftly to replace Bulgarian manager Stoycho Mladenov, using the international break to hire another foreign coach, Leonel Pontes.
Pontes, 43, previously worked at Sporting B (assistant), Sporting CP U19 (assistant), Sporting CP (assistant), Sporting CP (interim manager), Portugal national team (assistant), Maritmo (manager) and Panetolikos (manager).
Pontes also oversaw the unsuccessful transfer of Mohamed Ibrahim from Zamalek during his time at Maritimo.
This will be Pontes’ first coaching experience beyond Europe’s borders, a task that will test his ability to deal with players of different backgrounds. One thing for sure is that he will deal well with players with big egos, having dealt with three-time-Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.
Ittihad of Alexandria sit in ninth place with seven points from five games. The Alexandria based club face Haras El-Hodood – who have also parted with their manager – on Thursday.