Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Zamalek: Ferreira is a lying fugitive
Jesualdo Ferreira announced in a statement on Saturday that he will leave his post as Zamalek manager.
The 69-year-old decided to unilaterally cancel his contract with Zamalek which originally expired at the end of the season.
The statement released by the club reads as follow:
“Ferreira is trying to influence Zamalek’s fans emotionally as Pacheco did before him. All what Ferreira mentioned in his statement are nothing but lies to justify his escape.
Here are eight reasons why:
- Ferreira said that his departure is due to Mortada Mansour’s offensive statements, however, the Portuguese talked with a paper last week praising Mortada’s way of dealing.
- Ferreira said that he did not receive his salary for four complete months. How is that possible when he signed a new contract just two months ago? How did he sign a contract while having not received two months worth of money?
- This manager who cost one million Egyptian pounds per month and stayed at the Marriott hotel at the expense of the club has forgotten that he received two months worth of his contract upfront when he signed the contract.
- Ferreira sat with some agents and had his escape all planned out after his Supercup defeat which resulted from fielding the wrong starting XI.
- This fugitive refused to receive his salary on purpose. Ismail Yousef handed him his but Ferreira did not withdraw his salary, in fact, his money is untouched in the bank.
- Zamalek doesn’t get stopped by managers or players, Zamalek is a great club and will take the necessary actions to reply to the fugitive’s lies who offended the club’s president. A complaint will be filed to FIFA like what have been done previously with Pacheco.
- Ferreira took charge of the club while being top of the table with an eight-point gap, and was crowned champion by a six-point gap only. The cup was won by the players’ spirit, especially Gennesh who put on an incredible performance to earn his team the title. If not for him, Zamalek wouldn’t have qualified from the quarter finals.
Finally, Ferreira caused the disastrous five-goal defeat to Etoile du Sahel which cost us the Confederation Cup, and lost the easiest championship: the Supercup.
Ferreira wanted to let Ayman Hefny, Mostafa Fathy, Ahmed Dewidar, Islam Gamal and Tarek Hamed go.
This player purposely offended some of the players and left them out of the squad due to his hatred towards them. These players include Ahmed Hamoudi, Ibrahim Abdel Khaled, Mohamed Salem, Ahmed Hassan Mekki, Sherif Alaa and Mohamed Adel Gomaa. They were left out because their signing didn’t involve any of the player agents in contact with this manager.”
The Portuguese coach led the White Knights to win the Egyptian Premier League title for the first time since 2004.