Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Ahmed Hegazy: I want to make history with Al Ahly
Al Ahly defender Ahmed Hegazy talked about his experience with his new club so far, as well as his desire to make history with the Red Devils after his impressive start to the season.
Hegazy joined the club last summer, after terminating his Fiorentina contract.
“Ahly have three good defenders, so there is a great deal of competitiveness which is healthy and beneficial for the team and myself,” Hegazy told reporters at the club on Sunday.
“I made the right choice; joining Al Ahly to win a lot of trophies, which is something I want,” he continued.
“I am not considering returning to Europe; I am concentrating on winning trophies with the Red Devils as I mentioned before, and to make history,” the ex-Ismaily player concluded.
Ahly lie in sixth place in the Egyptian Premier League table, with 9 points from 4 games after their loss to Maqassa.