Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Etoile snatch precious draw at Orlando Pirates
Etoile du Sahel inched closer to clinching the Confederation Cup, as they returned from South Africa with a valuable 1-1 draw against Orlando Pirates in the first leg of the final.
The two clubs managed to reach the final after beating Egyptian giants Al Ahly and Zamalek in the semi-finals of the tournament.
Etoile XI: Jebali, Abderrazak, Jemal, Boughattas, Naguez, Brigui , Amine Ben Amor, Kom, Msakni , Lahmar, Boundjah
Pirates XI: Ovono, Sangweni, Jele, Gcaba, Matlaba, Masalesa , Ntshumayelo, Makola, Rakhale, Gabuza, Erasmus
Orlando managed to score first in the 36th minute, as Thamsanqa Gabuza’s shot flew past Ziad Jebali to give Orlando the lead.
Orlando’s lead lasted for 50 minutes before Etoile captain Ammar Jemal scored the equalizer in the 87th minute; Orlando’s defense failed to deal with Hamza Lahmar’s free-kick which fell to Jemal, and he placed ball in Ovono’s net, leaving 30,000 Orlando fans in shock.
The Tunisian club have an away goal advantage before the two clubs meet again next week on November 29th at the Sousse Olympic Stadium.
Etoile have become favorites for the title before the second leg, seeing as they just need a goalless draw or a win to secure the title, while Orlando need to score at least once to have a chance of winning.