The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: Etoile snatch precious draw at Orlando Pirates
Etoile du Sahel inched closer to clinching the Confederation Cup, as they returned from South Africa with a valuable 1-1 draw against Orlando Pirates in the first leg of the final.
The two clubs managed to reach the final after beating Egyptian giants Al Ahly and Zamalek in the semi-finals of the tournament.
Etoile XI: Jebali, Abderrazak, Jemal, Boughattas, Naguez, Brigui , Amine Ben Amor, Kom, Msakni , Lahmar, Boundjah
Pirates XI: Ovono, Sangweni, Jele, Gcaba, Matlaba, Masalesa , Ntshumayelo, Makola, Rakhale, Gabuza, Erasmus
Orlando managed to score first in the 36th minute, as Thamsanqa Gabuza’s shot flew past Ziad Jebali to give Orlando the lead.
Orlando’s lead lasted for 50 minutes before Etoile captain Ammar Jemal scored the equalizer in the 87th minute; Orlando’s defense failed to deal with Hamza Lahmar’s free-kick which fell to Jemal, and he placed ball in Ovono’s net, leaving 30,000 Orlando fans in shock.
The Tunisian club have an away goal advantage before the two clubs meet again next week on November 29th at the Sousse Olympic Stadium.
Etoile have become favorites for the title before the second leg, seeing as they just need a goalless draw or a win to secure the title, while Orlando need to score at least once to have a chance of winning.