Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Ferreira to file a complaint to FIFA against Zamalek
Ferreira announced on Saturday that he will be leaving The White Knights mainly because of the club’s chairman offensive statements and for not receiving his salary for months.
“The Portuguese coach sent us a letter saying that he will file a complaint to FIFA demanding that he receives the full amount of his contract,” Zamalek’s board member Rehab Abou-Regila said to Radio Station 9090.
“He received the reward for winning the league but did not receive the reward for winning the cup. However, his dues were deposited in his bank account in Egyptian pounds because of the difference between the official dollar price rate and the black market rate,” he explained.
Abou-Regila said that at one point the gap between the two rates reached 8,000 Egyptian pounds which was paid by the club’s president, his son and fans who owned foreign money exchange companies.
“During the past two months, the gap between the two rates went up which increased the extra money paid to 40,000 Egyptian pounds monthly,” he added “Ferreira’s dues are in his bank account in Egyptian pounds and Zamalek’s board will not be able to withdraw that money. He refused to recieve the money and also refused to receive checks.”
Zamalek also called Ferreira a lying fugitive in an official statement released by the club, while Zamalek’s president Mortada Mansour furiously called the 69-year-old coach a drunk.