AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Omar Mosaad through to World Squash Championship final
Egypt’s Omar Mosaad reached the final of the 2015 Men’s World Squash Championship in Seattle, USA, where he is set for another final with Frenchman Gregory Gaultier.
Mosaad has been impressive in the tournament so far. The Hammer of Thor surprised the whole squash world after beating defending champion and World No.4 Ramy Ashour in the quarter finals to meet another compatriot Tarek Momen in the semi-final.
Momen had defeated world No.2 Nick Matthew in the quarter finals, making it not an easy match for Mosaad. Although both players were playing one of their best tournaments, Mosaad came up top defeating Momen 3-0 in 50 minutes to reach his second world series final ever, after he made it to the US Open final in October.
“To be in the final of the World Championship is an amazing feeling,” said Mosaad.
“It’s the second time this season I’ve made a big final so I’m really happy and I hope I can play well tomorrow and win. Today was tough, but I will pick myself up now, recover, and hopefully come back strong tomorrow.”
Mosaad’s victory comes just a couple of months after he lost his mother and sister in a road accident in Egypt.
“Three months ago my family had an accident and I lost my mother and sister, so I hope I can win tomorrow and dedicate this title to my father because he deserves it. He’s been a role model for me and I want to win for him.”
Mosaad is set to face Gregory Gaultier in another final; the frenchman defeated Mosaad 3-0 in the US Open final. Gaultier qualified after defeating Englishman and former No.1 James Willstrop 3-0 in 50 minutes.
It is worth mentioning that Willstrop knocked out current World No.1 Mohamed ElShorbagy in the third round of the tournament.