Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Pontes: Manuel Jose is the reason I joined Ittihad
Pontes took over the role in Alexandria after the termination of his contract with Panetolikos after a poor run of results in the Greek league.
However, the Portuguese coach justified his dismissal by saying “I left the club because I disagreed with the president over principles that can’t be applied in the team, and I can’t continue in a team that doesn’t agree with my principles and philosophy”.
As for Jose’s role, Pontes said ” Manuel Jose is the Godfather for all the Portuguese coaches in Egypt”.
He added, “I called Jose asking for his opinion, and he said that Ittihad of Alexandria is a big and popular club with a wide fanbase in Egypt, that has a very strong premier league.”
Finally the new head coach said, “I was very happy to talk to Jose, and accepted the offer immediately”.