South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Pontes: Manuel Jose is the reason I joined Ittihad
Pontes took over the role in Alexandria after the termination of his contract with Panetolikos after a poor run of results in the Greek league.
However, the Portuguese coach justified his dismissal by saying “I left the club because I disagreed with the president over principles that can’t be applied in the team, and I can’t continue in a team that doesn’t agree with my principles and philosophy”.
As for Jose’s role, Pontes said ” Manuel Jose is the Godfather for all the Portuguese coaches in Egypt”.
He added, “I called Jose asking for his opinion, and he said that Ittihad of Alexandria is a big and popular club with a wide fanbase in Egypt, that has a very strong premier league.”
Finally the new head coach said, “I was very happy to talk to Jose, and accepted the offer immediately”.