Zamalek board member Hani Zada expressed his happiness that the club was drawn into...
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
- Ramadan Sobhi reveals effect of AFCON on Stoke career
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
Pontes: Manuel Jose is the reason I joined Ittihad
Pontes took over the role in Alexandria after the termination of his contract with Panetolikos after a poor run of results in the Greek league.
However, the Portuguese coach justified his dismissal by saying “I left the club because I disagreed with the president over principles that can’t be applied in the team, and I can’t continue in a team that doesn’t agree with my principles and philosophy”.
As for Jose’s role, Pontes said ” Manuel Jose is the Godfather for all the Portuguese coaches in Egypt”.
He added, “I called Jose asking for his opinion, and he said that Ittihad of Alexandria is a big and popular club with a wide fanbase in Egypt, that has a very strong premier league.”
Finally the new head coach said, “I was very happy to talk to Jose, and accepted the offer immediately”.