Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Pontes: Manuel Jose is the reason I joined Ittihad
Pontes took over the role in Alexandria after the termination of his contract with Panetolikos after a poor run of results in the Greek league.
However, the Portuguese coach justified his dismissal by saying “I left the club because I disagreed with the president over principles that can’t be applied in the team, and I can’t continue in a team that doesn’t agree with my principles and philosophy”.
As for Jose’s role, Pontes said ” Manuel Jose is the Godfather for all the Portuguese coaches in Egypt”.
He added, “I called Jose asking for his opinion, and he said that Ittihad of Alexandria is a big and popular club with a wide fanbase in Egypt, that has a very strong premier league.”
Finally the new head coach said, “I was very happy to talk to Jose, and accepted the offer immediately”.